Hello From Cullman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigken462

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello divers!!!!!!!!

I think this is my first post here, so I thought I would send a short note to say hello. For the longest time I only frequented a cpl boards, however recently decided to expand my list some to include a few others. Mostly I’m on the TDS using this screen name, and some here may recognize my name from there.
As for me? I'm a learning technical diver preparing myself for overhead training. I did my AN/DP in 2005 and after sitting at that level for a while, decided it was now time to progress forward to the next evolution.

I'm a career paramedic working in the field since 1995 and enjoy my job as much now as I did the first day I stepped inside the ambulance. My job took me to Iraq where I worked for 20 months until returning home late last summer. Sadly I only got in a few R&R dives while I was overseas.

I’m always looking for someone to dive with, and find often that I have to dive solo. I would like to find a remedy to that problem by seeking those who live around my area to perhaps meet up with at the local quarry sometime for a dip. So my pitch here is: those of you within a few hours drive from Cullman (north central Alabama) please shoot me your contact information on here or privately so we can arrange a meet and greet dive somewhere.

School is back in session, and it’s off to dive every chance I can get. Thanks for the opportunity to say hello.

Safe Diving,
Kenny Taylor

Thanks Phil,

I'm not familiar with all the sub-forums here, lil confusing at first, but I'm sure the late nights at the service will give me ample time to surf around and learn the mapping here.

Ken

I do my best ScubaBoard surfing, while stuck at the station on a 24 hour shift :D

Hey Kenny!!

Welcome to SB.

Thanks for your service to help keep all of us free.

How's that drysuit fitting??

Randy

Oh my... a good looking brunette who dives!

Be still my heart!! :)

Grrrr, Randy you beat me.

The DUI fits me like a glove. Soo much better that the stock Whites I used before. I'm still a lil sore about the DUI issue, but that's life, and if that's the worst thing that ever happens to my dive passion, I'll be a happy diver for life.

So far I've got about 6 dives in on the suit, and have since only played in the quarry trying different gear configurations. I've added up to both 40 deco cylinders, and done some simulated stage diving with my 80's. Of course I cant be in the water without using the scooter, and on the last dive just rolled it back the pitch to 1-2 and dove with a friend who was finning. The speed was about spot on with my suit, wings, deco and stage to his single 80 diving wet. I'm sure it looked a lil odd to the other divers, but I've learned to accept that and go have fun.

To the others - Thanks for the shouts. Its nice to know there are a few divers who live around me. Ironically the very last time I was at ABWA there were two other divers who live in Cullman that were in the pool to start their dives.

Kenny

WELCOME TO :sblogo:
Hope you can join us for some big megadive events!

Carolyn:sharks:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom