Hello from Cumbria UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David A

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just joined the board today so I thought I would introduce myself. I started scuba diving 8 years ago when I did my OW with Sinai Divers in Sharm el Sheikh. I loved it so much I went back 4 months later and did my AOW. Work constraints mean that I don't get away as often as I would like (who does!), so I've only clocked up 65 dives in all that time, but I am determined to put that right. I have mostly dived in the red sea, Israel and northern Egypt, but I did manage to get to Turks and Caicos last year for 3 weeks, and enjoyed that very much.I have only dived a few times in the UK, it's a bit cold for me, but I did my RD course along with MFA and DAN oxygen provider in a quarry in Lancashire. It was December, and we had to break the ice on the surface before going in. Perhaps I'm just soft, but I prefer it a little warmer than that. I go back to Egypt in July for my first liveaboard heading out to the deep south and St. Johns reef on the Southstar on the 22nd. Following that with a week in Marsa Alam, hopefully diving Elphinstone with Emperor Divers. This will be my first time in the South, and I'm counting the days.
It would be great to talk to divers from other parts of the world, perhaps you can let me know your favourite parts of the world to dive, help me decide my next trip.
If anyone has dived St. Johns reef in Egypt I would love to know what you think.
Well I've probably said enough for now, I do go on a bit. I look forward to seeing everyone around the board, and around the world. Take care and have fun.
david

Howdy David!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

65 dives is a good go. It might help if you add "UK" after Cumbria on your profile, so it'll always be there, and chekc out our forum for UK...?

don

:D

David A:
Hi everyone, I just joined the board today so I thought I would introduce myself. I started scuba diving 8 years ago when I did my OW with Sinai Divers in Sharm el Sheikh. I loved it so much I went back 4 months later and did my AOW. Work constraints mean that I don't get away as often as I would like (who does!), so I've only clocked up 65 dives in all that time, but I am determined to put that right. I have mostly dived in the red sea, Israel and northern Egypt, but I did manage to get to Turks and Caicos last year for 3 weeks, and enjoyed that very much.I have only dived a few times in the UK, it's a bit cold for me, but I did my RD course along with MFA and DAN oxygen provider in a quarry in Lancashire. It was December, and we had to break the ice on the surface before going in. Perhaps I'm just soft, but I prefer it a little warmer than that. I go back to Egypt in July for my first liveaboard heading out to the deep south and St. Johns reef on the Southstar on the 22nd. Following that with a week in Marsa Alam, hopefully diving Elphinstone with Emperor Divers. This will be my first time in the South, and I'm counting the days.
It would be great to talk to divers from other parts of the world, perhaps you can let me know your favourite parts of the world to dive, help me decide my next trip.
If anyone has dived St. Johns reef in Egypt I would love to know what you think.
Well I've probably said enough for now, I do go on a bit. I look forward to seeing everyone around the board, and around the world. Take care and have fun.
david

and welcome from a Yorkshire lad. The best dive location I have ever been to is PNG. Take a look and see what you think
http://www.walindi.com/walindidivesites.html
all the best
David

Back
Top Bottom