Hello from Eugene,Or

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A few months ago I read a quote from C.S.Lewis, "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." It hit me, turning 55 it felt like I was running out of time to try new hobbies and do new things. I completed my Elearning Padi classroom here and then completed my open water diver course at Ocean Frontiers Diving in Grand Cayman. What a blast! I had been missing out of so much diverse new lifeforms under the waves. I saw a Black tip Reef Shark, Eagle sting Rays,Turtles and amazing Coral Reef's. I'm excited to continue learning and having fun with this new hobby. Greetings, Steve from Oregon

Welcome. My youngest is heading to Eugene in a couple of months to begin her freshman year at U of O. Any idea of the local diving scene there? She has been diving since 2015 and is Rescue Diver certified.

-Z

Welcome. My youngest is heading to Eugene in a couple of months to begin her freshman year at U of O. Any idea of the local diving scene there? She has been diving since 2015 and is Rescue Diver certified.

-Z
Unfortunately, there is no local diving in or around Eugene, OR... The cycling is awesome, as is the surrounding wine country (much like Tuscany). All good diving requires a lengthy drive north to the Hood Canal or Puget Sound.

Welcome, Steve! I'm based in Corvallis. Maybe we'll run into one another one of these days. If you haven't already, you should check out Eugene Skin Divers. They're a good place for gear servicing and new gear.

Welcome to ScubaBoard Steve. Glad you joined this great group.

-Z
Hi Justin, most of the diving around Eugene is cold water hence why I went to Grand Cayman to get certified as well as visibility. Being able to see 80-100 ft at 80+F was way more appealing. I would have your daughter contact Eugene Skin Divers their a great group of guys and gals with decades of experience. I'm new to the sport I'm actually heading over to talk with them about diving around here myself. Take care and great choice in schools for your daughter...

Welcome, Steve! I'm based in Corvallis. Maybe we'll run into one another one of these days. If you haven't already, you should check out Eugene Skin Divers. They're a good place for gear servicing and new gear.
Hi I actually stopped there first and picked up some new gear and talked with them before I completed my OWD cert in GC. I really hope to connect with local divers that can point out places to dive because I grew up here and have swam in these cold waters and would like to dive more than once or twice a year in the Caribbean. Take care

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom