Hello from Illinois, Quad Cities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Kait and Glenn Meeker from Illinios. Have only been to Jamaica for diving. Would like to go to Bonaire.

Hello! Ahhhh, the Quad Cities, brings me back! This is where my husband and I did our certification many years back. At Scuba Adventures in Davenport Iowa with Scott "the salty dog". My husband and I talk about him every dive trip we go on, he was nuts! He had an angry streak and during one class he started yelling at everyone so hard his dentures came out. LOL! It was definitely an experience!!! In his defense I clearly remember all he taught me because of the craziness!

I have a PADI membership and with it comes Sport Diver magazine. I love it! Lots of places to see and ideas for future trips. Bonaire has been highlighted many times and is on my list as well!

We were certified in Jamaica, but go to Scuba Adventures to "play" with the "new toys"! It has moved into a nice new building in Bettendorf.

Welcome! The folks on the board are really great. You will love Bonaire. It is one of my favorite places to hang out and dive.

I too have been to Jamaica (3x's) Loved Jamaica. Diving wasnt the best I've done but not bad at all. My favorite area was off of Ocho Rios. Saw a giant crab with a claw that was as big as my elbow to finger tips. So you can guess how big that crab was.
Never been to Bonaire but it's on my list of dive destinations for sure. I too am an "Illinoisian". Dekalb to be exact. I pass by the Quad cities each time I take my son back to school in Iowa City.

Last edited:
I love Jamaica! It is the only place we have ever gone so I don't have anything to compare it to. We are very excited to try Bonaire. We are also thinking of Belize. We are looking now into which hotel might be diver friendly.

welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom