Hello from Limoges, Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Limoges Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all! I live in Limoges, Ontario (about 20 min East of Ottawa, Ontario), and I just did my first two dives last night, after getting my open-water certification!

It was a shallow dive (about 20 -24 feet deep), and it was a wreck (The Conestoga) in the St. Lawrence river. Really had a good time, but they were short dives - came back with 1,000 psi in an 89 Cu Ft. tank after 30 minute dives... I gotta work on my air consumption, or get twin 130 Cu In tanks! :D

Hello all! I live in Limoges, Ontario (about 20 min East of Ottawa, Ontario), and I just did my first two dives last night, after getting my open-water certification!

It was a shallow dive (about 20 -24 feet deep), and it was a wreck (The Conestoga) in the St. Lawrence river. Really had a good time, but they were short dives - came back with 1,000 psi in an 89 Cu Ft. tank after 30 minute dives... I gotta work on my air consumption, or get twin 130 Cu In tanks! :D

Welcome to the board Limoges. My recommendation is get out and dive often. Your air consumption will improve drastically on its own. Dive lots, get comfortable, improve your buoyancy and trim, and stop thinking about air consumption......do those and it will improve automatically. I used to go through air like there was no tomorrow.......I have improved drastically.

Get out and dive often and hopefully with a good mentor who can help you along with tips and advice.

welcome aboard!!
i was at the prescott docks last night with a student who used to
"air hog" it as you are now!
10th relaxing dive after cert,and he's doing 100% better
dive often,as scuba steve sez!!!!
have fun
Yaeg

welcome aboard!!
i was at the prescott docks last night with a student who used to
"air hog" it as you are now!
10th relaxing dive after cert,and he's doing 100% better
dive often,as scuba steve sez!!!!
have fun
Yaeg

Ah, that was you upstream making all those waves, eh? hehe! :wink:

I just purchased the following gear for $400.00 CDN. $80.00 shipping & Paypal fees:

Oceanic Probe Bioflex BCD large with Approx 30 LBS of soft weight:
39719_415041183860_537758860_4817004_8056077_n.jpg

Sherwood Blizzard reg with Command Air octopus & reg, US Diver pressure gauge and Aqua Lung Matrix computer:
38766_415041328860_537758860_4817007_1999348_n.jpg

and an 80 cu in steel tank. Last visual in 2008, used for 10 dives max:
38766_415041333860_537758860_4817008_3331501_n.jpg

I think it's a great deal for a first set of gear. What do you think?

Last edited:
Hmmm - pictures are not showing - I wonder why.

Edit - figured it out! :D

I looked at the picture a bit closer today, and the dive computer isn't the same as the one I saw online, and thus I must be looking at a different model. Too bad, becasue this one looks quite simple. I might only be able to use it as a bottom tracker, and have to buy a better one. I saw one that did data dumping to a file, where you could see your entire dive (depth v.s. time chart) - I like that feature. Plus I do want one that has enriched oxygen option. There are some that have transponders that send information from the tank to the computer - what's that all about?

There are some that have transponders that send information from the tank to the computer - what's that all about?

Those are just sending units that transmit pressures to the air-integrated computer which is not attached by hose. It means that you can have an air integrated computer on your wrist as opposed to needing it on a hose connected to a high pressure port on your first stage.

I am personally not comfortable with the technology but many are and love them. I have a Suunto Cobra computer attached via hose and a Zeagle N2ition on my wrist as a back-up/gage.

Back
Top Bottom