Hello from Little Rock...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeannelb

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello! Just taking a moment to introduce myself. My husband and I were certified back in 2006. I am going on my first dive since that training. We are going on a cruise in November and I need to practice up a bit. I'm sure it will all come back to me. I look forward to diving much more regularly in the future. My hubby and I are Arizona natives currently living in Little Rock AR. We miss home, but hopefully there's better diving to be done here. Perhaps you'll see me around. :D

Jeanne

Hey guys,

Welcome back to the world of wet!!!!!! You should consider what is called a Scuba Tune Up before getting back in the ocean. It will do yo a world of good and cause you to have a better time on cruise. I am not sure about diving directly around Little Rock but just up your North East is Beaver Lake. Its right outside Rogers/Bentonville and is a great place to get wet on a weekend. Give your local shop a call and ask.

Good to have you back with us !!

Ed

Thanks Ed! Appreciate the info. I'll look up Beaver Lake. I haven't been NE at all since moving to Little Rock.

Having grown up in Fordyce a few miles south of Little Rock and a diver, you might want to check out the diving in Hot Springs. Its close to home for you and if I remember things right there are shops in Little Rock that run trips there on week ends.

Hello! Just taking a moment to introduce myself. My husband and I were certified back in 2006. I am going on my first dive since that training. We are going on a cruise in November and I need to practice up a bit. I'm sure it will all come back to me. I look forward to diving much more regularly in the future. My hubby and I are Arizona natives currently living in Little Rock AR. We miss home, but hopefully there's better diving to be done here. Perhaps you'll see me around. :D
Jeanne

Cancel your cruise and grab a cruise ship of your own. . . Next to Hot Springs is Ouachita lake in the Ouachita national forest. It is one of the leading Houseboat rental lakes in the country. Clear water, sandy shorelines, hundreds of Islands you can make your own. And it comes with several dive shops where you can get help with a refresher dive(s) and directions to sunken school bus, sunken boats, sunken golf carts. . . everything a diver needs. You can be a diver with a private island, exotic drinks in a hot tub at sunset. . . and you don't have to win the lottery first! My dive partners and I rented a 57 foot houseboat, with a hot tub on the upper deck. Life can be good for a diver even in a clear water lake.

There are other choices for good lake diving in Arkansas. . . Lake DeGray is a short distance south from Ouachita lake. Beaver Lake in northwest Arkansas, empties into Table Rock Lake which feeds into Bull Shoals lake, each lake downstream is clearer. In North central Arkansas is Greers Ferry, a pretty lake with good diving.

Read the state requirements for flying a dive flag, avoid boat ramps and marina docks, and dive out of the back of your car, or from any size boat.

Back
Top Bottom