Hello from Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigmak

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New to scuba, Open Water certified Oct. '06. Looking for fun places to dive in/around Ohio. Also looking for info on custom wetsuits for my son (6'-3" 140 lbs (toothpick)) found Liquid Fit and Aquaflite on the web but not much current information or opinions on either one. Any information on dive site or custom wetsuits is welcome.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Lot's of Ohio divers on here, as well as many for IN, MI and KY. Be sure and check out the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew forum. You'll find lots of OH divers there. As a matter of fact, we are getting ready for our spring meet and greet. You'll find all of the details there.

There are alot of good quarries in OH (Gilboa, Portage, Whitestar) and some good lake diving on Lake Erie. Anyway, the GLWC forum is the place to find local divers and local dive sites.

As far as wetsuits, check out the Exposure Suits forum.

Welcome to the board! I just bought a pair of neoprene socks from Liquidfit (they offered a special for Scubaboard members) and they were great to deal with. I have a custom hood from terrapinwetsuits.com and they were great to work with as well. She didn't have exactly what I wanted so I described what I was looking for and she made it just the way I wanted it!

I would definitely recommend either of those suppliers!

If you're interested in the local diving there is a "Meet-n-Greet" scheduled for April 27-29 at Gilboa quarry, see this thread. Those are a great time whether you can come up for all 3 days or just a few hours. We always have a carry in lunch on Saturday that involves enough food to feed an army :D

Ber :lilbunny:

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

BigMak,
Welcome from another Ohioan....hope you enjoy ScubaBoard. Let me know if there's any thing you need or if I can help answer any questions!

Enjoy!

Welcome! Sorry I don't know the Ohio diving sites well but if you ever want to try warmer destinations...I'm pretty good at those! :D

Welcome to the scubaboard, nice to see you here! Glad you finally took the plunge, welcome to our wonderful underwater world.

Call the guys at CrazyScuba.com, they have lots of great advice on wetsuits and scuba gear in general. They'll know who does custom suits too, if you need to go that route. They're toll free phone is 866-696-6090. Welcome to scuba!

C U underwater, :snorkel:
ScubaDivaDivemaster

smilies-41093.png

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Threads & Replies without reading the Stickies at the tops of most forums. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Sorry bud, Ohio diving a little out of my knowledge! However, welcome to the board from sunny england

Back
Top Bottom