Hello from Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divin'gal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone! I'm quite new to diving, having just been certified this past October. I am looking forward to some warm weather so that I can get out there and gain some experience, as right now it's a little chilly around here. (Will eventually get a dry suit, but is a tad expensive for my budget at this time)

I've recently discovered scubaboard, and it's already been very helpful as I am doing my research regarding purchasing my first set of equipment. So thanks! :D

Hi OG,

Just wanted to take a moment to welcome you and kudos for completing your certification..now the fun can really begin..

Come on down here to NC where our "cold weather" diving is much like your dead of summer diving up there..<g>.

Again, welcome!

maxdivernc

Thanks for the welcome!

I've been doing weekly pool dives to keep up on my skills during the winter, but I can only take so much of that...I want some real dives! :)

I would love to move down south. I can't stand the cold...I am built for the tropics. :D

smilies-2351.png

Love diving Thousand Islands there...!!

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:

welcome aboard
springs coming-the ice breaking starts next week!!!
we were all in last weekend ice diving
we all dive wet
we were all comfortable
congrat on cert!!!!

Hi divin'gal and welcome to :sblogo:
Congrats on your cert, and hope you enjoy diving and our little home here.

Wow j yaeger, ice diving in wetsuits? Ouch. :)

I think I'll just wait a month or two :D

Thanks for the congrats dlndavid, I'm definately loving this forum, it's stock ful of helpful information.

Welcome hun! It was nice to get a chance to chat with you online earlier today.

Hi there and good luck with your newly chosen diving interest. Mine has been going on for a few years as I was NAAUI certified in 1967. My main interest is u/w archaeology and I have a lot of high end search equipment that I have used from The Great Lakes to The Mediterranean. As with anything you will meet all kinds in this sport/pastime/profession. But as it can be hazardous at times, you need to be very selective in who you choose to dive with. I have avoided the macho dive club mentality like the plague over the years as I have little in common with a bunch of yahoos. In being selective I have found myself diving with navy seals and other sophisticated u/w types and have learned greatly from it. As a result I have been asked to join expeditions all over the world. That remark was not intended to slam clubs per se. Far from it, as many are wonderful. Just be slow and selective.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom