Hello from Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianGB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey everyone. I joined SB some time ago but never really posted in here but felt it was time.
I'm an avid diver, diving year round, under ice in the winter and try to do 3-4 cave trips in Tulum a year. Now going down the rebreather route.. Sidewinder vs Gemini! :)

Welcome to ScubaBoard. When you dive under ice, do you mainly look at the overhead 'ice scape,' or whatever, or do you see much marine life, bottom structure, etc...?

Richard.

Gemini:yeahbaby:

I’ll have a demo on Gemini in a few days. Maybe I’ll have my third rebreather lol.

Welcome to Scubaboard! I am in the same basic area (the "Tri-cities"). One thing to keep in mind is that the Toronto Outdoor Adventure show is this weekend and they typically have a very large dive section. It is at the International Centre out by the Airport.

At least you’re someone from the Great White North that isn’t afraid of cold water. I’m on the other side of the Great Lakes.
Nice to meet you! We dive every weekend year round at a private quarry and consider ourselves cold weather divers vs cold water divers. The water temp last week was 35 degrees, the air temp was around 11 degrees. Some set up ice huts (by their parked cars, not on the ice) with heaters in them for changing. Recently I moved to heated thermals which was a massive game changer for me. It takes a few weeks to ge used to the bulkier undergarments while clipping on takes and hose routing, but after that, it becomes easier.

Gemini:yeahbaby:

I’ll have a demo on Gemini in a few days. Maybe I’ll have my third rebreather lol.
Nice! if you have a sidewinder for sale, I'm looking for one! Where are you doing your demo?

Welcome to Scubaboard! I am in the same basic area (the "Tri-cities"). One thing to keep in mind is that the Toronto Outdoor Adventure show is this weekend and they typically have a very large dive section. It is at the International Centre out by the Airport.
Nice to meet you. I've got to the Outdoor Adventure show a few times, however the last time I was there, I ended up a wakeboard!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. When you dive under ice, do you mainly look at the overhead 'ice scape,' or whatever, or do you see much marine life, bottom structure, etc...?

Richard.
Hey Richard, nice to meet you!

We dive year round at a quarry. Over the years, we have put many "attractions" in, so it was just swimming or scooting around for the love of it. Other than some small bass and carp, that's really all the fish that we see.

There is something special about diving under the ice, and looking up at the ice cover is quite spectacular.

Nice! if you have a sidewinder for sale, I'm looking for one! Where are you doing your demo?
Cave country dive shop. Did we just see each other in Peacock yesterday?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom