Hello from Phoenix, AZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fourseventeen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Jay, I live just outside Phoenix AZ.
Certified through PADI in 2003 and currently going though the SDI coarse with my wife so she can get certified. In 2003 I got certified and only did 2 dives after my certification was complete. I did a beach dive in Laguna Beach, CA and a fresh water cave dive off a boat in Crystal Springs, FL.
My dive buddy at the time and I (my ex G/F) broke things off and so went my dive buddy in 2003. I have been trying to talk my wife into getting into scuba and just recently got her to start the SDI certification coarse so that I can have a permanant buddy and start diving again. We vacation about 4-5 times a year, mostly to the Caribbean and Mexico so I figured we need to stop snorkeling and move on to better things...SCUBA!

We are going to the Bahamas, Grand Turk, St Thomas, Belize, Cozumel, Roatan, Grand Cayman and Puerto Rico this year so getting my wife certified couldnt come soon enough. We do travel to CA a few times a year so we can get out to Catalina or San Diego to do a little diving as well. Plus there is always Lake Pleasant out here...though I am not sure I will like it. :idk:

Hey Jay..

Welcome to SCUBA Board. I am new to the forums as well, but if been a reader for a long time. I just wanted to tell you, (in case you didn't already know), that May 1st is SCUBA Day at Lake Pleasant. Supposed to be a really big event located on the concrete spillway just beside the 10 lane boat ramp. Dive shops represent'n, underwater events, all day long. Starts at 8:AM. I learned about it by googling Lake Pleasant, which directed me to city of Peoria website, to Lake Pleasant, blah, blah, blah....

Congratulations on having a live-in SCUBA partner.

Cactus Diver

Thanks for the info and the welcome Cactus. I have been aware of the event and would love to go however we will be in Grand Turk May 1st so I will have to catch the scuba show another time.

Welcome! I'm new here too. Scuba day huh? I may have to swing out there and check it out. Like you Fourseventeen, I'm trying to get my gf to get certified so I can have a dive buddy.

Get here certified!!! Then the 4 of us can all go...its always more enjoyable with more people I think.

That scuba day is suppose to be the big deal of the year out here in AZ but since I wont even be in the country I guess I wont be making it...id rather be in Turks anyway then out at Lake Pleasant :D

Yeah Pleasant is definitely....meh. But it's good for practice. Later in the year we're hoping to make a trip somewhere with warm clear waters. :D

we have lots of warm water trips planned as you may have noticed above =) Also got Catalina planned and paid for in Nov this year...may plan a 2nd trip out there in the summer too. im yet to dive Pleasant but I will as soon as we get back from our much needed vacation to the easter caribbean in 2 weeks. Once we are back from the caribbean my wife needs to finish her certification dives...I have been taking the coarse with her just as a little refresher for myself and a confidence booster for my wife...shes wouldnt dive with a stranger so I had to take the class with her. The LDS offered me a deal I couldnt pass up...so I decided to join her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom