Hello from Phoenix!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KokopelliKid

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I just found this forum lastnight. I actually started researching Scuba Diving yesterday. I am very, very interested in it and want to learn everything i can about it. Am super excited to learn. I have been interested in this sport for a while, but never did anything about it. Now i am.

I have been to a lot of gear websites lastnight, but not one had a catalog i could request to have mailed to me. I went to a dive shop this morning, they had no books or magazines or dvd's. They just had the PADI stuff. The guy simply stated i should search online about this hobby. So, i need all of your advice on where to go etc. to read and learn. I also want to buy posters too. Anything, and everything you can point in my direction will be appreciated.

When i was 10 years old and living in Florida, my brother and i and 2 friends were in the water, and a shark attacked and killed one of our friends right in front of us. That was 35 years ago and still nervous of going in the ocean. But i need to get over it. At least there are no sharks in the lakes here!

I look forward to being on here and getting into this great hobby! Thank You!

Hi kokopelli and welcome to :sblogo:. This is a pretty good place to start researching gear and skills. I'm a newbie too and found it useful to rent gear for a while during and after training while I read up on the subject.

I really admire you for wanting to dive after an experience like that! You won't regret it, scuba is a wonderful hobby.

WOW! Amazing and wonderful to hear that you are interested in diving after your past experience. The most common questions I get from people who have never gone SCUBA diving are ones about sharks. Once you dive for a while, you want to see them. This may be different for you, of course. Happy to have you on board!

Hi Everybody,
I just found this forum lastnight. I actually started researching Scuba Diving yesterday. I am very, very interested in it and want to learn everything i can about it. Am super excited to learn. I have been interested in this sport for a while, but never did anything about it. Now i am.

I have been to a lot of gear websites lastnight, but not one had a catalog i could request to have mailed to me. I went to a dive shop this morning, they had no books or magazines or dvd's. They just had the PADI stuff. The guy simply stated i should search online about this hobby. So, i need all of your advice on where to go etc. to read and learn. I also want to buy posters too. Anything, and everything you can point in my direction will be appreciated.

When i was 10 years old and living in Florida, my brother and i and 2 friends were in the water, and a shark attacked and killed one of our friends right in front of us. That was 35 years ago and still nervous of going in the ocean. But i need to get over it. At least there are no sharks in the lakes here!

I look forward to being on here and getting into this great hobby! Thank You!

Is there anywhere to dive in the Phoenix area?

Back
Top Bottom