Hello from San Mateo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone!

My name is Thomas, I’m 38 years old and live in San Mateo in California. I got my PADI open water certificate in Australia last December, and I have only been diving a couple of times in Monterey since i got my certificate due to Covid19.

I have been doing a couple of guided dives with my local dive center in Monterey, but I would like to purchase my own equipment and hope to find some people to dive with. Currently my local dive center is closed/shelter-in-place, so i'm looking forward for it to open up again so i can start purchasing equipment and get in the water.

Check out the Monterey divers Facebook pages. They are a great local resource for diving conditions and info.

Welcome to Scubaboard! You've come to the right place. There's a fount of knowledge here.

Look here for starters:

Diving Into New Gear

And here for reading about Monterey and introducing yourself there too, if you'd like:

NorCal

[QUOTE="chillyinCanada, post: 9041095, member: 416605" There's a font of knowledge here.
[/QUOTE]
I can see autocorrect plaques you as much as it does me...
welcome aboard Thomas!

Hi everyone!

My name is Thomas, I’m 38 years old and live in San Mateo in California. I got my PADI open water certificate in Australia last December, and I have only been diving a couple of times in Monterey since i got my certificate due to Covid19.

I have been doing a couple of guided dives with my local dive center in Monterey, but I would like to purchase my own equipment and hope to find some people to dive with. Currently my local dive center is closed/shelter-in-place, so i'm looking forward for it to open up again so i can start purchasing equipment and get in the water.
Welcome! Looks like San Mateo is just about the same distance to Monterey as it is for me, it's a drive but worth it.

Unfortunately one of the best ways to get buddies is to attend events. My local dive shop would have quarry dives where you could go for a quick, shallow dive with other people and make sure your diving styles were compatible. The quality of diver you'll find among people who make the effort to attend is a lot better, in my experience, than the folks you'll find by joining shore/boat tours. Thought I found a great buddy here, responding to a "Who wants to go diving?" post, so you never know. Hope to see you around.

Hello and welcome! We are a freeway apart! But, if you are ever down south, we would be happy to dive with you. Maybe we can get on a boat together to Catalina or the other Channel Islands, let us know!

[QUOTE="chillyinCanada, post: 9041095, member: 416605" There's a font of knowledge here.
I can see autocorrect plaques you as much as it does me...
welcome aboard Thomas![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Your statement is so very true, as a rule in my case. However, this time it was a flat out typo. I remember hearing it twice in my head, so knowing it was wrong but pressed post anyway. :oops:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom