Hello from SoCal!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dazedone

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone! one of my coworkers introduced me to this board and I'm loving it so far.

I got my C-card a month ago and have been loving it ever since. I am totally hooked. I even have fun jumping in the 50 degree pool at my Dad's house with my scuba gear. I have only dove Australia and Hawaii and am anxiously looking forward to doing my first California dive out at catalina in a couple of weeks.

If anyone needs a dive buddy in the Westchester/MDR/Venice area and doesnt mind someone who is still a beginner, send me a PM. I'd love to do some beach dives...

Welcome to the board! Catalina will be a major change compared to Australia and Hawaii. Make sure you wear the proper insulation and start with an EZ dive. Things can feel a little challenging around here when you come from warmer waters.

dazedone:
... I have only dove Australia and Hawaii and am anxiously looking forward to doing my first California dive out at catalina in a couple of weeks.

If anyone needs a dive buddy in the Westchester/MDR/Venice area and doesnt mind someone who is still a beginner, send me a PM. I'd love to do some beach dives...

Wellcome to a wonderful experience.

Why wait on Catalina. We have some excellent diving (when it is not raining) right here from Malibu to Laguna Beach. Winter time, between storm is usally our best diving.

Great place to start is http://www.sandeaters.org they dive every Sunday someplace in SoCal.

Or you can give me a yell, I never mind diving with newer divers.

104 dives and growing, due to financial considerations, all but 14 of those are beach dives.

dazedone:
Hi everyone! one of my coworkers introduced me to this board and I'm loving it so far.

Greetings from the 0045. I'm always going someplace. Get your exposure suit groove on, and we can hook up sometime.

K

And welcome to SB. :wavey: Put us in your Favorites and check in often.

don

dazedone:

I got my C-card a month ago and have been loving it ever since. I am totally hooked. I even have fun jumping in the 50 degree pool at my Dad's house with my scuba gear. I have only dove Australia and Hawaii and am anxiously looking forward to doing my first California dive out at catalina in a couple of weeks.

Hi there, my name is Jan. If you want to do some beach diving in Orange County, give me a holler. I also don't mind diving PV, White Point.

Also, check out http://reefseekers.com they also have some good dives going, including a squid dive in Redondo on Wednesday night.

~Jan

Yes...check the SoCal section we are always trying to dive. Although with the weather being the way it is diving seems to have halted.

Pasley is a great beach diver as are so many others that we went with on our last group dive. I cant thank Chris and Pasley enough for making sure I didnt get thrashed in the surf zone.

So check out the SoCal section and come diving with us.

Ana

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom