Hello from sunny Connecticut!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnthonyMarsico

Registered
Reaction score
Actually it’s cold and rainy but I didnt know what else to say. Been diving for a while, had to take some time off due to injuries but now I find myself constantly thinking about diving. Hope to get in the water as often as possible.

Welcome from a Yonkers, NY native. Whereabouts in CT? I'm in Westchester Co.,NY each summer and shore dive such exotic spots as Pleasure Beach (near New London), Hammonassett State Park (Meiggs Pt.), Merwin Point, etc. Love that 12' diving. Any tips for other shore areas (that are LEGAL and you can park....)?

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....sorry about the cold and rain...

welcome....i was born in Stamford, lived in New Haven for awhile amd was later stationed in Groton. I still have family living along the I95 corridor in southern CT.

-Z

Welcome from a Yonkers, NY native. Whereabouts in CT? I'm in Westchester Co.,NY each summer and shore dive such exotic spots as Pleasure Beach (near New London), Hammonassett State Park (Meiggs Pt.), Merwin Point, etc. Love that 12' diving. Any tips for other shore areas (that are LEGAL and you can park....)?

have you been out to lake minnewaska just outside the newpaltz ny area?

have you been out to lake minnewaska just outside the newpaltz ny area?
No as I'm not a fresh water guy. I have dived Candlewood Lake near Danbury a couple of times. When I was a kid we moored our boat in Stamford over winter. That I95 corridor in S. CT is some nasty traffic. I usually use the Merritt when heading up for a dive day. I remember when the tolls were on I95 (the "Connecticut Turnpike"). Think they had to remove them due to traffic. Maybe that's why CT went broke a decade or two ago....?

Tolls are probably coming back at this rate.

Take a look at SECONN, they dive out near New London all summer. They are also running pool sessions this winter

Back
Top Bottom