Hello from the banks of the Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crewfish13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I signed up a couple weeks ago, have been lurking since, and figured it's time to properly introduce myself.

I'm Matt, born and raised on the banks of the Ohio River (grew up in Cincinnati, now live in Louisville). Not that I have ever actually been in the Ohio... Anyway, I'll be starting my SSI OW certification Tuesday (8/9), and should be wrapping up my checkouts by the end of the month. I've been a water person for all of my life, and have been wanting to learn Scuba for years. My wife went out and signed me up for classes as an anniversary present (yes, she rocks!).

I've done a demo in Punta Cana from a dive shop drumming up business, (swimming the bottom of the 3' resort pool), and I've been snorkeling a couple times, but that's the closest I've ever come to diving. Should be fun!

Welcome Matt. I grew up in Cincinnati also. Left there 34 years ago. You'll be able to hook up with divers from your area on here. Or if you get to Belize, I'd be happy to hook up with someone from Cincy. (actually, I grew up in Harrison, just west of Cincy on I74)

Hey Matt,

I'm a little upstream of you east of Cincinnati, My daughter and I are recently certified and having a blast. There are some decent quarries around to dive that are not too much of a drive. Have fun getting certified!!

Glen

Welcome to the site
I live in Sparta
you'll love diving the sport is great.

Mike

Welcome from the middle of the state! Plenty of diving spots in OH.. especially if you don't mind cold water...drysuits rock!

Sparta! I drive through there every day (presently working in Cincinnati... #@$%! recession!)

Thanks all for the warm welcomes. I have no doubt I'll fall in love with diving, as I seem to do with anything water related (swimming, aquaria, snorkeling). My only issue will be finding time & money to dive with a wife finishing her medical residency and twin toddlers, but residency will be wrapping up next summer and we'll all hopefully all be relocating back to Cincy. Belize does sound inviting, though...

Hey Matt, Welcome. I'm a few hours downstream in Owensboro. I frequently dive the quarry in Hopkinsville. If you find yourself down that way, look me up. You may also want to check out the central US forums on the site for potential dive buddies.

Back
Top Bottom