Hello from the Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bluesky65RS

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Everyone,
Since mid summer I have completed my OW, AOW, and Rescue Diver Courses. My instructor, Mike Goss at Adventure Scuba in Knoxville, TN, has talked me into starting my Dive Master Training. I am very much looking forward to entering into this new realm of learning and appreciate any help. As an airline pilot I get a view that no one else does from the blue skies above but didnt realize that I was missing what is under the the deep blue waters. And now that I have witnessed the beautiy I am hooked. Stop in and say Hi. Looking for dive buddies in E TN if anyone is interested please PM me.

Robert:mooner:

We come up there a few times a year to our Cabin off Lyon Springs Rd. in Wears Valley. I need a dive buddy up there so I may contact you in the future. I've been wanting to dive Lake Marion.

Have fun with your Dive Master Course. I'll bet you'll go on to Instructor soon after that.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Gary anytime you are up let me know, my schedule varies at the airline so I am off during the week and weekends.

Robert:mooner:

if you need any DM tips or help let me know :cool2:

DM with only 25-50 dives under your belt? How many of those were cert. dives. I see you have OW, AOW, and Rescue Diver Courses completed so I would think a lot of your dives would be certification dives. Have you dove in various conditions or have most of your dives been in a quarry? I am not trying to pass judgment on your skills but I have had inexperienced DM's before and I personally see this as an increasing issue in our diving community. I feel that many instructors rush students into DM to get a paycheck. I guess I am from the school of thought that all the training in the world is great but nothing replaces experience. Welcome to the board. Good diving.

if you need any DM tips or help let me know :cool2:

I will take any and all the help you can offer Ms Blair. Do you have any suggestions for me at this point? You know I think you are lovely.

DM with only 25-50 dives under your belt? How many of those were cert. dives. I see you have OW, AOW, and Rescue Diver Courses completed so I would think a lot of your dives would be certification dives. Have you dove in various conditions or have most of your dives been in a quarry? I am not trying to pass judgment on your skills but I have had inexperienced DM's before and I personally see this as an increasing issue in our diving community. I feel that many instructors rush students into DM to get a paycheck. I guess I am from the school of thought that all the training in the world is great but nothing replaces experience. Welcome to the board. Good diving.

DM is not done overnight. he'll be getting many many more dives in before he has completed the course. i also started DM at 50 dives. I have yet to be turned down to assist new divers and advanced divers alike. His skills will be honed and improved during the next few months. i have no doubt he will make an excellent DM when he is finished.

I will take any and all the help you can offer Ms Blair. Do you have any suggestions for me at this point? You know I think you are lovely.

:D yes - more dives and a few secret skills. are you up for some direct supervision?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom