Hello from the UK, looking for info on California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

August multiple day trip out to San Clemente Island. Truth Aquatics runs a fine boat trip out of Santa Barbara if memory serves. Keep in mind that "liveaboard" in most parts of the world means "stateroom" and by comparison California liveaboards are downright spartan by comparison (multi-tiered bunks below decks). Day trips or live aboards to the northern Santa Barbara Channel islands are good that time of year (Santa Barbara, Anacapa, Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa, and San Miguel Islands, I am biased to favor those locations; a dive off the dock at the Anacapa landing cove is the finest kind and the source of my screen name). A few operators are starting to offer boat diving along the Malibu-ventura coast, a concept that looks pretty interesting, and every so often someone will run a daytrip to Naples Reef off the coast west of Goleta (Santa Barbara).

Try a British liveaboard, converted Fishing Trawlers often with coffin bunks!
Generally, if the divings good the cabins dry, the heads work and the food is good quality (not fancy but wholesome) then we are happy. Somewhere for the cameras would be good.

A short liveaboard, a day trip or two to Catalina. All sounds pretty good.

Gareth

PS, I'm running two threads, this one in Introductions, and on in South Californian Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom