Hello from Toledo Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fusionvibe

Reaction score
Looking forward to meetin' people from this group and having some fun diving and hearing some stories.
Off to FL for a week of imposing on the relatives then back to take care of getting a new car.
<ahem><cough>Dont ask.<blush>
Have my OW right now with only 5 dives in.
Want to hit the quarries so I can practice, practice, practice.
Taking my dive gear with me but don't really plan on doing much past practicing in their pool and becoming comfortable with the equipment I got over the winter but haven't used.
Off to finish packing!

take care,

Tom

Welcome aboard...there's one or two people on this site who like to dive, and some of us even enjoy diving in the quarries (though I still don't know why)

enjoy FL

-T

Well, you may still be "imposing" on the relatives in FL (nothing wrong with that, we do it every year at my in-laws in Ft.Lauderdale!), but I might (might) be going to a quarry in your neck of the woods on Saturday (7/3). Gilboa (again) or possibly Portage or Whitestar (would be 1st time for either). If my Nitrox card arrives before then, I might just do some dives on EAN22+!

-Rob

rab:
If my Nitrox card arrives before then, I might just do some dives on EAN22+!

-Rob

the quarries are shallow you can go all the way to 36% in the Quarries. if your going to pay the extra for nitrox you might as well get the full benefits from it. IF on the other hand your going to dive the deep end of Gilboa then 28% or so

gtxl1200:
the quarries are shallow you can go all the way to 36% in the Quarries. if your going to pay the extra for nitrox you might as well get the full benefits from it. IF on the other hand your going to dive the deep end of Gilboa then 28% or so
Thanks, but I know about that. My "EAN22+" comment was because I did my last 6 dives on EAN21 (i.e., run the computer on EAN mode rather than Air mode to get used to the extra information that is displayed). I don't have the redundant equipment to dive the deep side of Gilboa below 80ffw. I've wondered about borrowing/renting a pony because I'd hope that my Poseidon Xstream wouldn't have a problem with the depth/cold.

-Rob

P.S. Sorry for the minor thread hijacking, Tom. I hope you are able to dive in FL.

rab:
I've wondered about borrowing/renting a pony because I'd hope that my Poseidon Xstream wouldn't have a problem with the depth/cold.

-Rob
Grrr.....pony bad.....better gas plan / buddy diving good......

[rant=on]
I find an H-vavle a way better investment than a pony.....they're much cheaper, and if you get the right one, you can convert it to doubles later. It's more streamlined than a pony, it's less maintenance than a pony, it allows you to plan with all the gas you bring, there's no question about how much gas you have remaining in your tank, you know your back-up regulator works properly (because you tested it before you began your dive during you pre-dive check). However, It does not prevent against a neck ring blow-out, but those are pretty rare...frankly, I've yet to meet someone who knows of such a story.
[rant=off]

Sorry....I have some strong opinions about ponys...they tend to spill out now and again. :D

Tom,
welcome and happy imposing on the Florida relatives. I have the reverse. For some reason my sister-in-law is here in Ohio FROM Florida--what?? Anyway, while I'm happy to see her always, she's putting a cramp on the weekend diving!!

whoaaaaaaaaa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom