Hello from Utah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DianeMcD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Thrilled to have found y'all. I'm OAW and Nitrox certified, soon to be Rescue. I'm happiest in the warm tropical waters, and am headed to Cozumel next month. I am most excited today because I've got a roomie for the Bonaire trip in January! Soooo excited to come out to play with everyone.

Welcome! We are also from Utah (Ivins). We lived in Cozumel two winters for three months each time. You are going to love diving in Cozumel. Any questions, please feel free to email me.

Welcome. I envy your tropical diving. If you ever dive the Gr. Salt Lake let me know the weighting. Seriously, I have wondered that, having swam there many years ago.

Welcome! We are also from Utah (Ivins). We lived in Cozumel two winters for three months each time. You are going to love diving in Cozumel. Any questions, please feel free to email me.
Drift diving tips??

Welcome. I envy your tropical diving. If you ever dive the Gr. Salt Lake let me know the weighting. Seriously, I have wondered that, having swam there many years ago.
I don't think there's enough lead to be able to dive the great salt lake!! that is one lake out local clubs do not dive. It's full of brine shrimp. Can you imagine the salt damage to the equipment??

I don't think there's enough lead to be able to dive the great salt lake!! that is one lake out local clubs do not dive. It's full of brine shrimp. Can you imagine the salt damage to the equipment??
Yeah, that was my other question but I forgot to ask about equipment.

Welcome! I got a drift diver cert in Cozumel & I found it helpful because you learn how to use a reel, how to adjust your diving to continuous current & how to dive with a buddy as well as a group in drift...all which I didn't know at the time. It's not an expensive cert & can go towards your AOW if you don't have it yet.

Welcome! I got a drift diver cert in Cozumel & I found it helpful because you learn how to use a reel, how to adjust your diving to continuous current & how to dive with a buddy as well as a group in drift...all which I didn't know at the time. It's not an expensive cert & can go towards your AOW if you don't have it yet.
I did my AOW there last year but I'm not at all sure I learned these things, although I DID these things. I was with my local dive shop group, and they kind of took me by the hand and led me. I won't have them to rely on, and am working to refresh those skills.

Thrilled to have found y'all. I'm OAW and Nitrox certified, soon to be Rescue. I'm happiest in the warm tropical waters, and am headed to Cozumel next month. I am most excited today because I've got a roomie for the Bonaire trip in January! Soooo excited to come out to play with everyone.
Welcome to SB. A great place to hang around on surface intervals.

I did my AOW there last year but I'm not at all sure I learned these things, although I DID these things. I was with my local dive shop group, and they kind of took me by the hand and led me. I won't have them to rely on, and am working to refresh those skills.

You'd probably enjoy doing the drift diver certification then because it specifically works on the things necessary for diving in current. Hope you have a lot of fun regardless. :)

Back
Top Bottom