Hello from Vancouver BC Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minipinny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, my name is Yvonne and I aquired my Open Water certification back in November of last year. I learned in a drysuit and have been diving cold water ever since. I am excited as I am making my way towards a completely new and different career change from my last job which was Bank clerk. I am hoping to become a Ocean Research Technician.

right now I am trying to get as many logged dives as possible and join the Canadian Association of Underwater Science, where I will get opportunities to volunteer with distinguished scientists. Whoohoo :lilbunny:. At the same time move up the dive ladder and gain specialties and emergency certifications to become a safe diver.

I look forward to all the travels and the different environments that I will encounter. And most of all all the aquatic life that I only got to see on the tele or in an aquarium.

smilies-41093.png

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Threads & Replies without reading the Stickies at the tops of most forums. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Yvonne... you live in a beautiful place (colder than my island, but beautiful). I spent 10 days car camping up there and really loved the island. Diving's a bit cold for me, but...

Oh, and I'm an extinguished scientist (oops, you said distinguished... never mind!).

Minipinny:
Hi, my name is Yvonne and I aquired my Open Water certification back in November of last year. I learned in a drysuit and have been diving cold water ever since. I am excited as I am making my way towards a completely new and different career change from my last job which was Bank clerk. I am hoping to become a Ocean Research Technician.

right now I am trying to get as many logged dives as possible and join the Canadian Association of Underwater Science, where I will get opportunities to volunteer with distinguished scientists. Whoohoo :lilbunny:. At the same time move up the dive ladder and gain specialties and emergency certifications to become a safe diver.

I look forward to all the travels and the different environments that I will encounter. And most of all all the aquatic life that I only got to see on the tele or in an aquarium.

I had to quote your entire intro, since it's the most exciting start of diving passion I've ever heard!

Wonderful!

Can't wait to hear more of your experiences and perspectives!

Warm welcome to you!

Dave C

Welcome from another Canuck (a little further south however)

-J.-

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome to SB, Minipinny! :happywave

From one newbie to another welcome to a fellow cold water diver. It is great to see someone starting out with what looks like an exciting time ahead. I jumped into diving at 50 so I have some serious envy going on. All the best....
Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom