Hello from vintage scuba enthusiast & dive watch collector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrneryOsprey

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just signed up recently. My name is Justin. I took a scuba diving course a few years ago but have yet to get the chance to actually go scuba diving in the “real world”.

This course did, however, spark an interest in vintage scuba periodicals, history and dive watches. I’ve built up a small collection of mainly
Scuba company branded divers and love the diversity in them.

Nice to be a part of the site and join the community!

Justin

big vintage community on here. I would recommend checking out Alec Peirce's youtube channel, as well as @Bryan@Vintage Double Hose 's youtube channel
Definitely feel free to ask many questions and post many pictures!

Thanks a lot for the welcome. I will be sure to check out those YouTube channels. I think I have been to the vintage double hose website to peruse some old catalogs in the past.

I would be happy to post some photos of anyone has interest in vintage dive watches and that sort of thing.

@OrneryOsprey start a new thread about your vintage watch collection. Many of us have a thing for old mechanical devices. I'm actually wearing a new Seiko Turtle now, but love the older stuff

Started a thread in the vintage equipment diving section. The Seiko Turtle is a classic choice. I have one in my collection from 1979.!

Welcome to the board. I too deal in dive watches. Have lost 3 over the years. One one a dive, one at a dive site on land, and one I THINK fell out the car door on a trip.
Oh, shortly after losing that one on the dive I went to the LDS to buy a new strap for a watch I'd later buy at Walmart, and leaving the dive shop made a left turn and had my first accident my whole life (at the time 47 spotless years of driving).

Welcome to the board. I too deal in dive watches. Have lost 3 over the years. One one a dive, one at a dive site on land, and one I THINK fell out the car door on a trip.
Oh, shortly after losing that one on the dive I went to the LDS to buy a new strap for a watch I'd later buy at Walmart, and leaving the dive shop made a left turn and had my first accident my whole life (at the time 47 spotless years of driving).

Hey, that sounds like some rough luck, but I guess that is part of the game, huh? The loss of a dive watch during a dive reminds me of this story from a while back:

Found: A Divex Watch On An Indian Ocean Shipwreck - HODINKEE

Wonder how many dive watches are at the bottom of the ocean?

Hey, that sounds like some rough luck, but I guess that is part of the game, huh? The loss of a dive watch during a dive reminds me of this story from a while back:

Found: A Divex Watch On An Indian Ocean Shipwreck - HODINKEE

Wonder how many dive watches are at the bottom of the ocean?
The one I lost on the dive was during one of the only 2 times I wound up turn turtle exiting in rocks/surf. The pin must've hit a rock just right to come out of the strap.
Oh forgot another one-- I lost my FIRST watch when I was a newbie. Was in 70+ feet shore diving and a f&^%$#@ loose string on my collection bag SOMEHOW got wrapped around the watch knob and pulled it out, the way you stop a watch. Made some interesting sounds once back on shore.
THIS is why I only buy $25 watches....
This is also the reason I'm the last guy on the planet who does not keep his phone on him at all times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom