Hello From Wisconsin!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jedidiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone! New to the forum.I got certified in 5/2000.DI dmy classroom and pool dives here in Wisconsin.I went to Anilao,Philippines for my open water checkouts.Wanted to do it in Exotic..but cheap location.And Philippines is very neglected by the mags as a great dive location.I got my AOW as soon as I returned.I didn't dive much after for lack of buddies.Last year I joined Urge to Submerge out of West bend,WI.I am very interested in learning Tech Diving as I progress.I will be certified TDI Basic Nitrox this Wednesday after I pass the class =-) .I am always on the lookout for new buddies,new places to dive.I prefer Great Lakes Wreck Diving but...anyhting in the sport diving range is pretty much Zebra Mussel encrusted,unless it below 100feet,that is why i want to learn Tech diving.Any Wisconsin divers of any level feel free to contact me.I am always up for a roadtrip if divings involved.Keep diving everyone!

Back at you from wisconsin, glad your on the boards...... ever get to blackriver falls "Wazee" I have been diving with a dive shop from Madison and we go there for most of the tech classes.
Rob

The Philippines is inexpensive and beautiful but certainly not over-hyped. I haven't been to Anilao but I've tried a bunch of places in the Visayas - Moalboal (Cebu), Alona Beach (Panglao Island, Bohol), Camiguin Island, Dumaguete (Apo Island), Siquijor Island, Sumian Island. I'll go again in December.

I'm new here too - see you around.

Jim

Hello! I haven't been to Wazee yet.I have bene looking at websites on it and I will have to make plans for a roadtrip there.I just got my Nitrox cert and need to start logging dives using it so I can move onto my next goal.I want to take the GUE DIR class that Deep Blue is offering in October.My problem is I am layed off and spending more money than taking in.Anyone out there planning to buy a boat? Please buy one with a mercury,help me get back to work!! hahahah!
I want to return to the Philippines this spring.I want to try the La Union area.Any info you cangive me on wreck diving there would be greatly appreciated.ere in the Great Lakes area all we have in wrecks,and If I have choice between a wreck or a reef I will always choose wreck.Thanks everyone for reading my posts and SAFE DIVING!!!!!

Hi Jedi,

The best place for wrecks in the Philippines is Coron Island (Northern Palawan), I believe. They've got a lot of Japanese wrecks, warships and freighters, and some US wrecks too. I haven't been there but I was checking it out for a trip in 2004. There might be some wrecks in the Subic Bay area too.

Jim

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA.
Have fun here and Daive Safe...............

Someday I am going to dive those beautiful cold New England wrecks!!!!!
I just got back from a great night dive on Long Lake.Lots of Northern and Walleye Pike,bluegill,Crappie and Perch.Vis was fair,lots of particles.Temp was great.My crappy lights flooded and killed so I dove blind,just watched my 2 buddies lights.The only hazards were the occasional drunken boaters,hahhaha.Just had to tell everyone! Safe diving!

Back
Top Bottom