Hello to all Divers, from Russia lake Baikal.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrey Bobkov

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Dear colleagues!

My name is Andrey Bobkov, I am a PADI Advanced Diver and a PADI Ice Diver from Irtusk, Russia and I am also a travel manager at “Three dimensions” dive club.
I am writing to you to invite you to experience diving in the Baikal. Lake Baikal is just 70 km away from Irkutsk and is the deepest lake in the world. The waters of the lake are very clear (transparency varies from 40 to 60 meters (depending on the season) and water temperatures fluctuate from +18°C in summer to +2°C in winter (but this is no problem as we dive in dry suits and change in a heated house).
We can work out an individual tour programme with you and arrange both daily dives (you have a choice of staying at a hotel in Irkutsk to enjoy the most of local life after a day of diving or at a hotel in Listvyanka – this is a small village on the Baikal shore, but there have been built very good hotels there recently) and liveaboard safaris.
Please, get in touch with me in case you have any questions.

Best regards,
Andrey Bobkov

Travel Manager,
Dive Club “Three dimensions”
Stanislavskogo Str., 33-18
Irkutsk 664081

Mobile: 8 914 950 20 46
e-mail: baikaldiving@gmail.com

What is there to see in the lake?

Hello Pavel
Why you named the Club - Three dimesions - the same name like a big trade divegear company from Alapaevsk? Do you work for them ? Andy

Yes I do work for Three Dimensions!

What is there to see in the lake?

Lake Baikal has fresh water sponges, fresh water fur seals. It has more water than all 5 Great Lakes combined. Even with the lake and the above water beauty of the region, the primary reason I'd return to dive in Siberia again is the people and culture. I dived the Sea of Japan, south of Vladivostok in 1991 and never made it closer to Baikal than a refueling stop in Irkutsk. Several of my friends dived there in 1990 and I've seen photos. It's on my list of places I'd love to dive.

I'm so glad to hear you have set up there. My Boyfriend and I stopped at lake Baikal for a week July last year and could not find a single operator with a shop front. We were very dissapointed as the water was so beautiful and the area so gorgeous and full of wild flowers

Advice for anyone going there. Book first, also don't stay with the babushka's, there is a newly opened 5 star resort on the lake which barely costs any more. Do try black Asahii - I have never seen it anywhere else, and Green Ring Beer - yum!

Welcome to ...
banana.gif
wavey.gif

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
It's great hearing from our Russian diving brothers and sisters ... just think if divers ran the world!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom