"Hell's Kitchen" ???....more like Hell's #1 idiot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC:
Freds....I lived in Europe for 12 years and traveled to the UK several times. I NEVER would compare any person I met in the UK or Ireland to that idiot.

As far as I am concerned.....he is just being "holliwood"....and doing a poor job at it.

The other night he kept calling that one girl a liar and if I was her....I would have made it perfectly clear he can act like an *****h*** all he wants but that is crossing the line and he could kick me off right there.....but a stop order is out on that crap.
I love the show, but I have been watching Gordon Ramsey for years. He has always been that way, this Hell's Kitchen is actually a copy of the british one, he has been doing this for years. He is actually a very accomplished and brilliant chef who has received the highest honors attainable for his restaurants in Great Brittan and Ireland. If you ever watch the BBC America Channel he also has Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares where he goes to failing restaurants in the UK and trains the chefs and wait staff and sometimes even shows them how to redecorate and has helped them to become very profitable restaurants. But I can totally see where you guys are coming from if this is the first time you have been exposed to him, but I guarantee you his actions are definitely not just for "Hollywood".

Sorry ...couldnt work for a dude like that....and he live.

Ramsey is presenting a very worse case senario with regards to celebrity chefs, but at the same time he is showing an accurate depiction of what its like for a apprentice chef, studying at catering school, and or working for an "ordinary" restruant. Ramsey is a firm believer in no BS, which I admire, and personally I think if your not strong enough to take it on the chin, and rise again - then you clearly cant stand the heat, the only assaying goes, get out the kitchen...

Freds :coffee:

Self generated heat is self destructive.

Go back to the premise of the show. One of the people selected to "play the game" is suppose to get a "partner" deal in the new place in Vegas, right? Yet most of those picked to play....cant cook to start with or have next to no experience. They are going to give a share of a multi million dollar restuarant to someone like that? Now that is bad business.

There is no fostering of teamwork....not from him or amongst the competitors...because they are just that competitors. There are two I would pick to be worthwhile. But, none I would pick to give a share of "my" restuarant to if it was me.

If he just wants to see who is tough.....send them all to Quantico and see who comes back.

Back
Top Bottom