help assembling my regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imhotep

Registered
Reaction score
I currently use a Sherwood 1st stage with a Sherwood Oasis 2nd stage and Sherwood Minimus octo. The Minimus doesn't breath very well deeper than about 80ft or so, so I'm going to upgrade it to the Sherwood Standard octo.

What all do I need to know about removing and then replacing an octo from the 1st stage?

If you are removing the hose from the first stage then just undo it and insert the new hose (finger tight and then just a bit more to be snug)
If you are keeping the hose then undo second stage and chnge out o-ring, lube it and screw on second stage.

No sweat removing existing Octo or in fact any other item from your 1st stage - Get a wrench that is the correct size, unscrew the line that you wish to delete and screw the replacement unit in - You don`t even have to work for NASA to get it right = Cheers

Back
Top Bottom