Help, Brain Fart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfenne

Registered
Reaction score
I was just re rigging my harness for the first time and for the life of me I can not remember which side of the waist belt it gets threaded onto, the left or the right? No I have not been drinking!!!!!Thanks

bfenne:
I was just re rigging my harness for the first time and for the life of me I can not remember which side of the waist belt it gets threaded onto, the left or the right? No I have not been drinking!!!!!Thanks
The buckle is on the left hand side. (if you are wearing the plate)

Edit: Fixed my own brain fart

i'm not sure what you are asking, bfenne, but everyone around here wears the buckle
on the left side when the rig is on (the right side if you're looking at the rig from the front)

This may be giving you trouble because PADI teaches (or at lease did in my basic open water class) that the buckle from the left is the same orientation as a weight belt. They also taught that the buckle on the BC should be from the opposite side as the buckle on the weight belt. So if you follow this line of thinking we do it backward from the way we were taught.

I have come to accept this altered way of thinking and rig mine as others have indicated. The buckle from the left and the free end from my right. I first thread the buckle through the end of the crotch strap and do all of the buckling on the right side of the crotch strap.

Have fun,

Mark Vlahos

Thanks for the replys. Sorry if I was unclear. I will try to be more clear this time. If I had my rig on which waist strap should the buckle be threaded on before bringing the other strap though the buckle? Lt or Rt? I hope this makes more sense. Thanks again. For the record, right now I have it on my right waist strap.

buckle on left waist strap, but when fastened buckle should be to the right of the crotch strap. With rig on.

What Jawbone said...

While wearing the rig, the buckle is on the waist strap that comes from MY left hip, the free end (NO buckle) is the waist strap that comes from MY right hip. The buckle should sit slightly to MY right of center, this waist strap (the one from MY left with the buckle on the end of it) first threads through the crotch strap and all of the buckling happens just to the right, MY right, of the crotch strap.

I hope this helps to clear things up; but remember, you will not go to prison if you do it differently the choices are yours.

Mark Vlahos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom