Help choosing a place to stay/dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the dive op like at Blue Angel? I'll admit I like being a little lazy on vacation, is there a spot near the boat to store your gear? Do they set up your gear for you?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Like others have said, the dock is right in front of the hotel so you can roll out of bed and be in the dive boat in minutes. We take our gear back to our room and clean it and then hang it out on the balcony to dry. If you stay at the BA you get breakfast every morning as part of the package. We really like the dive shop and the DMs. The BA offers morning, afternoon, and evening dives. You can also shore dive at the BA. You just need to let the dive shop know so you can pick up weights. The tanks are sitting outside the shop so you just help yourself. The BA is a divers hotel and is no frills. The rooms are large yet sparse. They are always very clean. The floors are polished concrete so dripping water all over them hurts nothing. The staff is wonderful and so helpful. Beach towels are available at the front desk and you can use as many as you need....no extra charge...no signing anything to get towels...love it.

Wherever you stay, have a great time. We've gone diving in several places, but for the cost and the great diving, Coz is our favorite place!

We were there last year and we dove with Deep Exposure their customer service exceeded our expectations. On the last day of our diving I suffered from some type of a bug bite and couldn't dive and they refunded me my diving costs, after we got back from the dive excursion that day (my buddy dove I sat on the boat) the owner of the shop came to examine my foot and recommended a doctor for me to see. We also not ever being to cozumel before booked a hotel on the opposite end of town from the diving and had to take a cab to the departure area every morning and the dive shop reimbursed our cab expenses. We would most definately dive with this outfit again, they had boats that were a little bigger and slower but lunch was provided on the boat every day (the best Tuna salad I have ever had!!!) I was told the secret ingredient was LOVE...LOL. Was a very memorable experience for sure!

The best bang for your buck would be Bahia Suites or Suites Colonial in town.Both are very nice clean and come with a great breakfast buffet at Casa Mexicana.Almost all the dive ops in Cozumel are good to excellent and you almost can't make a wrong choice.You will also be downtown and won't have to pay the crazy taxi fares and close to all the great restaurants.Some recommended dive ops would be Aldora,Opal's Dream,Tres Pelicanos,or any number you will find if you do a quick search.
I am also a fan of staying at Bahia, cheap spacious rooms with a refrigerator, a microwave and they throw in a great breakfast buffet at Casa Mexicana .It’s downtown within walking distance to all the restaurants and nightlife, the square downtown on Sunday evenings is one of the best things I like about Cozumel. There are a number of good dive ops close by but I prefer Tres Pelicano who in addition to being a great boutique dive op (they take complete care and handle all your gear), they have a large very comfortable and fast boat and take care of the Taxi to and from the Calleta to the dive shop to the which is around the corner from Bahia.

Like others have said, the dock is right in front of the hotel so you can roll out of bed and be in the dive boat in minutes. We take our gear back to our room and clean it and then hang it out on the balcony to dry. If you stay at the BA you get breakfast every morning as part of the package. We really like the dive shop and the DMs. The BA offers morning, afternoon, and evening dives. You can also shore dive at the BA. You just need to let the dive shop know so you can pick up weights. The tanks are sitting outside the shop so you just help yourself. The BA is a divers hotel and is no frills. The rooms are large yet sparse. They are always very clean. The floors are polished concrete so dripping water all over them hurts nothing. The staff is wonderful and so helpful. Beach towels are available at the front desk and you can use as many as you need....no extra charge...no signing anything to get towels...love it.

Wherever you stay, have a great time. We've gone diving in several places, but for the cost and the great diving, Coz is our favorite place!

I love Blue Angel. I cannot imaging going to Cozumel and staying anywhere else.

We had a wonderful time staying at the Villa Aldora and diving with Aldora divers. The Villa is quiet and comfortable, and has a nice outside patio with palapa for hanging out. It's about a ten minute walk into the city, which we enjoyed. The dive op was excellent. If I were to go back to Coz, I would definitely use them again.

We mostly stay/dive with Blue Angel and like it quite a bit. But I'm writing from the balcony of the Vista del Mar downtown. It's comfortable and cute, and there's a dive pier right across the street. I agree with DjDiverDan's assessments of Aldora and DWM. We've used them both, and there's a place for them both, depending on your desires and expectations. No one we've used but Aldora has enabled for us a 100-minute dive, but that kind of stuff also makes for a very long dive day. Also, we took a quick bike ride up north this morning and finally laid eyes on Villa Aldora. Nice-looking place, and their beach/shore area looked great. Not a lot of restaurant action up that way, but town is close. I knew they had bikes there, but I didn't know 'til today that they have quite a few of them. I found Hotel Cozumel too large (we didn't even try the food) for my tastes, but I can't fault the location.

She's just too modest to say she only used half the tank on that 100 minute dive, and was only using a 100 cft tank!

I've been diving with Aldora for the last few years and have stayed at Villa Aldora three times now. It is very nice and you get the same great customer service you get on the Aldora boats. It' a nice, quiet area and easy to get into town. All rooms have at least a microwave and coffee maker. I like the ones with kitchens, particularly for breakfast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom