help choosing a Playa Dive OP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been out with both and had a good time. Tank-Ha has the advantage of being able to take you over for dives off Cozumel.

Yeah, that definitely seems like an advantage. Are both pretty safety conscious? I haven't been diving in about a year.

I just dove with Phocea in Playa. I would highly recommend them. their rental gear is top notch, they have 2 boats and do a lot of great dive site. the divermasters are awesome too!
They also do diving in Cozmuel.
look them up, you won't regret it

Yeah, that definitely seems like an advantage. Are both pretty safety conscious? I haven't been diving in about a year.

Safety is ultimately in your hands. If you are an OW Diver, you should know what to question or back off from. Like I told my newly certified friend that I've been diving with, you shouldn't have to have a DI beside you at all times, you make the decisions. Choose a reputable shop and go with your training, review if needed. Have fun.

I've been diving with Tank-Ha for about 10 years and have always been very pleased with their service. The staff is great - professional, very safety-conscious and still fun to dive with. Whoever you decide to go with, have a great time !

I'd go with the Abyss. You'd probably dive with the owner, Dave, who's been teaching & diving in Playa for years. He is VERY safety conscious, professional & knows the reefs (& cenotes) very well. Like the fact that he really enjoys diving and sharing his enthusiasm with fellow divers. You won't feel rushed as you explore the reef and Dave looks for cool stuff to show you.

FYI, Tank-Ha has been sold again so not sure what they are like now. Very few members of the original staff are still there.

I vote for Beyond Diving...small operation with very personalized service. I had a blast with them in April.

Not trying to highjack thread, but what about Playa Scuba? Seem to have best pricing, experience?

Back
Top Bottom