Help Choosing a Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

if you need good, safe and reliable regulator check Apeks TX 50/100/200. Apeks regulators are intended for use in cold water.

I have Apeks TX 50 and TX 100 6 years and both works fine.

Thanks,
Tomek

check www.scubadiving.com they have equipment reviews and it will give you a good starting point.Then come back and ask people here who have that model how well they like it.

ScubaPro Mk16 or Mk25 1st stages with a S550, S600, or G250 Primary and a R190 or R380 backup reg.

Something from Apex or Atomic would be my #2 choice.

I would definitely go to your LDs and do the looky-touchy. Get a feel for a couple models that suit your type of diving, then do some product reviews/research before making that final decision.
I, personally, have the ScubaPro MK25/S600, as well as AIR2 instead of an Octopus (one less hose dangling of my side).

Tom

Your signature says you are in Coral Springs. If it is the Coral Springs in Broward County, I would suggest going down to H20 Scuba in Sunny Isles on 163rd between the intercoastal and A1A. See Henry and he will show you a range of options and give you a fair deal.

Scubapro and Apeks regs are great, but also consider the Aqualung Titan or Legend lines (as your budget allows). From personal experience, the Legend LX Supreme breathes great and is dry in any position. I love it!

Your best bet is to visit a couple shops and check around online (preferrably at sites that are authorized dealers of the gear they sell), and find a few regs that interest you in the price range you are comfortable with.

Once found, see about renting a set of each and taking them for a dive. If you can't do that, and can't find a rep who will let you demo them, ask anybody and everybody what they think, and why.

Try to be specific in your questions otherwise you wind up with answers from us wise guys along the lines of "this company sux... buy my reg or you are gonna drown"...

Well, maybe not that bad, but you get the gyst.

But honestly, even though I have my own opinions and biases towards a manufacturer or two, if you do that all, you can't go wrong. There aren't many regs out there on the market that can be really considered a bad choice, and your homework will bring them to the surface and eliminate them straight away. After that, no matter what you choose, you'll be winding up with a nice new toy.

Good Luck!

The Aqualung Titan LX is a nice piece but in that price range the Atomic Z1 woud be my choice. There is only a $20 diference in price and you gain an adjustable second stage. You also get the same basic design as the more expensive Atomic's with out the expensive metals. Scuba Pro also makes great stuff. I personally dive a SP Mk25/S600/R380 combo which is far from economical . I think I have about $750 in the setup but it is a very nice piece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom