Help Choosing a Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the Scubapro mk20-G250Hp setup and here is my opinion about it. The MK20 or MK25 1st Stage (they are pretty much the same. The MK 25 can have the intermediate pressure adjusted externally without a conversion kit.) and a G250HP 2nd Stage. I have the MK/20-G250Hp setup and it has been an excellent regulator for me. I do quite a bit of deep diving (over 100FT), drift diving, and “cool water” diving and I have never had a problem as far as reliability or in an over breathing situation. I would describe this regulator setup in a few words as: WORKHORSE, RELIABLE, EASY TO SERVICE, and an EASY BREATHER. I have spoken with a few Scubapro techs and they have said that they only major difference between the G250HP and the “top of the line” S600 is the size. They both use the same service kit.

You will see quite a few people on this board recommend Scubapro, APEKS, and Atomic scuba regulators on this board. All three of these companies provide some of the best scuba regulators in the business.
From my own personal experience with Scubapro, I can tell you that I have nothing but praise for their products, especially the MK/20-G250HP regulator setup.

If you can, try to rent a regulator that you are interested in buying from a LDS. Some LDS will even let you try one in their pool if they have one sp you can get a feel as to how they perform in the water and not just in your hands.

Spike: We've been using ScubaPro for most of our dive lives. It's a good quality safe way to go. They have various models that can fit your pocketbook. We use the MK25/S600 and they're awesome. We don't use octopuses - and opt for (in our case) SeaQuest's Air Source. You might think about that if you don't like that octopus trailing after you or stuffed into your BC pocket. .... or whatever ...... Eric. :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom