Help! EPM-1 not functioning....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyseko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hoping someone might be able to help here. I'm not sure if I locked the camera or what during a dive but here's the issue...

Once I turn camera off, blue light (power) light stays on. I am then unable to turn camera back on unless I remove battery and replace.

When I do power back up...the menu button does not work, and the dial is locked as well. So I am unable to change settings.

I can still shoot pics, but cannot change settings as these buttons won't function.

I did go through the manual and cannot find anything but I'm tight on time so thought I'd ask here. Heading out for another 4 dives today. Any help is appreciated, I've got 2 more days of diving to go. :coffee:

Try resetting he camera. If you can't access the menu,try installing/update the firmware again.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Thanks, updated firmware....no luck. Can't seem to access menu for reset. Ugh.

Try removing the battery for a while. Do this while the camera is on.

---------- Post added November 17th, 2013 at 11:35 PM ----------

Sorry, hit reply too soon. Also try removing the lens, then the battery, while the camera is on. Try using the camera with a different lens.

Is the lens properly seated?

Are the electrical contacts on the lens and/or camera dirty?

Are any of the buttons sticky or jammed?

Did you suffer any sort of flood or did you handle the camera with wet hands or was it very humid?

I've removed the lens, battery and replaced. Left battery out overnight. No luck. Double checked. Everything is clean. The camera is new. (had it a few months) Second time underwater.

No signs of moisture/flood. I packed the camera in housing in an air conditioned room before going out and my moisture muncher is still dark blue.

I practiced with in it the housing on land a bit too with no issues.

No buttons seem to be stuck. Weird thing is when I pop the battery in, the camera turns on right away without me hitting the power button (which seems to function properly). When I do hit the power button, it shuts off, the blue power light stays on. Then it won't come back on when I hit the button again and the only thing I can do to get it back on is remove and reinsert the battery.

I'll try to call Olympus or Backscatter later today but from Nassua the calls are pricey.

Shark dives today.....hopefully the camera will still shoot video. :shark:

Try emailing Backskatter. I've had good luck with that with them.

Heck, you may even be able to Skype with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks everyone. Backscatter got back to me. Camera needs to go back to Olympus. :(

From now on.....I'm bringing a backup camera with me on vacation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom