Help ID this side exhaust regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kupu

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Any ideas for ID? Been picking up a few side exhaust regulators to play with and wondering if this one could be worth picking up if the price is right.

66444023092143Jdei.jpg

Took me all day to figure out, but finally the search led me back to the answer in older posts here on Scubaboard. This second stage is the SeaPro Zepher.

Sam, here is the ID thread I found. Of particular interest is that the Zepher was designed by the same individual who designed the Scubapro Pilot, and he mentions it as being a better regulator. Very interesting.

I thought I was familiar with all Sea Pro products -
But this one is a mystery to me
Can you provide additional information
Probably b/c it was made by Sea Sport. Company was 1985 or so.

Although the Zepher Model ZR-01 was Not a side exhaust IIRC.

IMO that looks more like a more recent overseas knock-off of a Poseidon.

Christmas came early, I picked up this very uncommon regulator at Goodwill price. The package includes what looks like the Seapro FSDS dual piston first stage and the distinctive FSDS second.

My understanding is that the Zepher was sold by Seapro, Inc. as documented in the informative July 1982 Skin Diver magazine article. Designer Dr. Tony Christianson licensed the Zepher to Seapro, it was manufactured in Canada.

Fingers crossed I will find it to be working or restore-able condition, looking at the listing photos give me hope as looks to be lightly used.

33820733092142Jdei.jpg

Good gosh ! I had forgotten I had posted to that thread so many years ago...Thank YOU for searching for it and reposting it

According to the previous post the regulator was designed and developed by Dr. Tony Christensen. Tony was/is one of the unknown super investigators/inventors of our sport. Sad to report he has now become involved in Rock Climbing

His doctoral project at UCLA under Dr. Glen Egstrom on dive fin performance will probably never be duplicated. if interested there is a copy in the UCLA doctoral archives-- well worth reading I was honored with a copy immediately after publication which I now have filed away -- some where?.

Sea Pro had a slow beginning -became mainstream - Produced many innovations to the young dive community -- BIU aka At Pac and all its innovations. the FS DS regulators the company was doing well but internal family bickering caused it to implode amd all to soon no more Sea Pro.

In the event you would like more information on the company PM me

SAM

Back
Top Bottom