Help identify these Force Fins - Old SD1s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think Bob indicated that you stole them - he said they were stolen property. And it seems you got them from the person who was not the legitimate owner but sold them anyway.

Think how you would feel if something was stolen from you and you found someone was selling the items. Bob's response may seem heavy handed, but may well be justified.

Why is this surfons problem? Why should he be out $ and then ship them. I didnt hear an offer to replace them with a civilian version. Purchase them back. Or even pay for shipping. Sounds accusational and demanding to me. Id keep them at this point. Surfon didnt do anything wrong. He bought a pair of fins. Should have "done the right thing" and offered up a pair or some cash. "No questions asked". And its not like were dealing with high tech lockhead martin gadgets. There f'in fins!

Thank You Aquanomad,
Older experimental & secret items are sold by the government on a regular basis. I was just watching a show last night about missle silos chocked full of "secret" instrumentation. Are the defense contractors demanding their instruments back? Or even worse, are they accusing the new owners of being thieves? I do not have any documentation stating that the property was leased and quite frankly I do not believe that Bob has any valid claim to the property.
Again thank you for pointing out what should seem obvious.

I believe that Lee Harvey Oswald may have been wearing those fins when he shot Kennedy :)

dhBoner, that a distasteful comment.

Not really...it only reflects your curious paranoia that a proprietory swim fin might fall into the wrong hands.

uWell yes, the sewing job did not hold up well, and we moved onto another way to attach our fabric foot pocket.. This guy could have called us and asked if we wanted them back and not share my "Under Wear" on wonderful Scuba Board, I would have gladly paid him and keep my protypes designs to myself. Glad you like to stir up the pot... I am now concerned if some one not knowing the whole story might get hurt. More than glad to discuss this over the phone.

uWell yes, the sewing job did not hold up well, and we moved onto another way to attach our fabric foot pocket.. This guy could have called us and asked if we wanted them back and not share my "Under Wear" on wonderful Scuba Board, I would have gladly paid him and keep my protypes designs to myself. Glad you like to stir up the pot... I am now concerned if some one not knowing the whole story might get hurt. More than glad to discuss this over the phone.

Then you have my sincere apology...that was definitely not clear earlier in the thread. You didn't offer compensation and it sounded like your concern was "industrial espionage". To be honest I was just trying to be funny (apparently I failed). Given your clarification, I understand why you want them back and I am glad to hear you would be prepared to compensate the OP. Cheers and no hard feelings.

I find it funny that Bob Evens had no problem with the first set of fins... Then gets pissy when he finds out there are a few different sets that the guy has.. If I was Bob... I would have just sent the guy a e-mail telling him the story and offer to buy them back as they were never meant to be out in the free world...

As a side note; I have a few experimental parachutes that were given to me to jump and give feedback on.. I still have them 20+ yrs latter and would not sell them, But their mine....

Jim...

Bob,
In case you do not know... TN Traveler contacted me outside of this thread. He wanted to know if I would consider selling him the fins so that he could give them to you. I said yes. That was before your post. Any airing of dirty laundry is on you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom