Help identifying compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noseeum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have run across this compressor and would like to know what it is and are filters readily available. Thanks.
3M83Nd3qa5G35E75F1d6ie4e51185546f122b.jpg

No idea, but at a guess I would say it is not a compressor that can fill scuba tanks.

Its listed as Navy surplus, another picture looks like a Kiddie compressor that some people have converted to fill scuba. it looks to be factory made, if anyone has any ideas let me know.
3Eb3rb3s85Ie5Ka5t6d6id69cb7e77fd8151c.jpg

Can you provide any specs from the parts of the compressor that might help? I can see at least places in your pic that will have that info and there may be more that I cannot see. Also is that a standard plug or a three phase plug?

Its listed for sale locally, these are the best pictures that are available. It looks like it has a fiberglass case from what I can gather from the photo. I would like to buy it, but if filters are a problem than I'll purchase a turn key compressor.

It looks like a Cornelius compressor capable of 3000 psi pressure at 2CFM which is somewhat slow but most certainly capable of filling LP scuba cylinders. It is more suited to paintballers than scuba divers .......but hey, it's a compressor that will do the job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom