HELP!!! Is this light too good to be true?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dry_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I came across this light Wreck diving torch 4 diodesand was wondering if it was too good to be true. I am looking at two different lights that they offer. The 2100 (4 Led) lumen (link above) and the 1440 (3 Led) Wreck diving torchlumen. Has anyone had any dealings with these people? If so how was your experience with them?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

What did you fine the prices, I went to the site and didn't see any prices

I came across this light Wreck diving torch 4 diodesand was wondering if it was too good to be true. I am looking at two different lights that they offer. The 2100 (4 Led) lumen (link above) and the 1440 (3 Led) Wreck diving torchlumen. Has anyone had any dealings with these people? If so how was your experience with them?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

I've heard of them before. I think they are made in Poland. I haven't run into any actual reviews that I can recall. I seem to remember that it is a direct buy (no US distributors) so servicing if necessary might be a hassle.

It seems like a good deal but I'd be a little leery of 525 lumens from each of 4 Cree single emitters (leds). The only thing that comes close is the newer XP-G R5 which until recently was rated at 325 lumens or something like that. This was when driven at 1 amp. Recently Cree has upgrading the specs to allow for a current of 1.5amp.

I don't have the spec sheets in front of me but I'd plan on 400 lumens or something like that per emitter (someone correct me if I wrong).

It does look like a nice light. I remember hearing about it in the past in part because you can charge the batteries without opening the cannister and it has an overpressure valve to make this possible.

I think I first read about it on a scuba board in the UK. Then main objection I remember was just that there were no UK distributors. Here shipping charges would be an issue as well.

All in all it's probably a good deal but it would be much better to be able to find a few actual reviews. It would probably be good if you also have some light repair skills as you don't won't to be shipping it back and forth to Poland I wouldn't imagine.

I also have no idea as to how effectively the heat is dissipated but still even if it's only 1200-1500 lumens using the proper optics to focus things that's a lot.

The way I'd look at is the actual specs may well be too good to be true but considering the price it's probably a very good deal. The only caveat is that even there are no bad reviews that I've seen there are no reviews period that I've seen.

Thanks guys.

The pricing tha tI have been able to find so far has been from E-Bay. The 2100 Lumen light was listed buy it now for $385 + $60.00 for shipping and VAT. The 1500 Lumen was $230. + $50 shipping and VAT. Either one was a pretty good deal I thought. The $230.00 did not however include any batteries. No big deal though. AA rechargeable batteries are a dime a dozen.

I still would really like to get someone who has had one of these to chime in. PLEASE!!!!!!

Thanks for all the info guys.

I'd be curious to see it in person. Secondly, the major concern is dealing with an over seas company. In my experience, if any Warranty things pop up, it is a hassel to get them taken care of!!

It seems like a good deal but I'd be a little leery of 525 lumens from each of 4 Cree single emitters (leds). The only thing that comes close is the newer XP-G R5 which until recently was rated at 325 lumens or something like that. This was when driven at 1 amp. Recently Cree has upgrading the specs to allow for a current of 1.5amp.

Could they be using the new Cree XM-LT6 Leds?

That's a good question !?
Well, Light For Me right now is one of the biggest receiver of CREE led's and testing all of the kinds available to maximize products performance. As a distributor I have seen and tested many kinds of LED's used in L4M lights but only few are chosen to be a part of market product.
What's good about the company, whatever is available is used, tested and taken under consideration !

Back
Top Bottom