help - kicking is causing me to ascend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are really bringing back memories. I would ask a buddy to observe you on your next dive and let you know what he/she sees.

My problem was being horizontal just was not comfortable. I was sure I was horizontal, but people diving with me would assure me I was not. The other problem I had was a "bicycle" kick. So, even though my body was level, my head was looking up, and my legs were bike riding. Took me right to the surface.

It took a lot of effort (after a lot of people convincing me of what I was doing) to correct this. But someone told me I'd enjoy diving a lot more if I looked DOWN because that's were all of the neat stuff was. He was right. First time I actaully forced my eyes down to the floor of the ocean, I could not believe the stuff I had been missing!

Salty-whale-I am sorry to have offended you. This realy wasan't my intention. Anyway- the thing is, that the FINNING problem is probobly the major one, in my opinion. Seen it happen a lot. Can get a guy really furstrated.

Hi Liquid

No worries about it.

I do agree with you that bad finning is a common problem related to floating to surface.

Cheers..!

just a thought

could it be that when you start finning you take a deep /deeper breath ? try to exhale instead and try to move the weights abit upwards towards your head and se if that helps.

just a tip
take care hope it helps
dive safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom