Help Matt host Shark Week!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rollerboi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heh. An acquaintance of mine from another board is very passionate about sharks, and posted this. I told him I'd repost it over here for the fun of it. He isn't a diver yet, but is talking about getting certified. He's in NC.

---
So... I want to host SHARK WEEK For years, my friends have put up with me saying, "wouldn't it be cool if..." and "hey, I could do that..." while we watched these SHARK WEEK themed shows on TV.

I guess, this year, they'd had enough. "Put up or shut up," they told me.

OK. Let's ante up, boys.

During SHARK WEEK this year, I started my own "grass roots" campaign.

"Matt For Shark Week Host"

Took me about a week to put the page together in my spare time... still working on it.

I even started a Facebook page and a twitter account.

Do I think this will go anywhere? No.

Do I expect to have fun while it lasts? Youbetcha.
happy.gif

I encourage you to "like" my facebook page and follow @Matt4SharkWeek on twitter.

Who knows, maybe if the right person sees this at the right time.. maybe - just maybe - I'll be able to look at my friends next year (or the next) during SHARK WEEK and say, "I'm sorry... what did you say?"

So, there you have it. It's out. I want to host SHARK WEEK. That's my little secret.
----

I for one would never consider hosting "Shark Week" until they change their focus and get much more educational in nature and far less sensational. I had heard this year would be different thanks to the involvement of Oceana, but it appears from the comments of others who actually watched that they focused on what would give them continued ratings rather than presenting much real content of educational value.

Of course the producers of "Shark Week" would never choose me to host the show any way.

If Matt was a really hot chic I'd get on board with the idea, but he's not...............

Olivia Munn is way to yummy for sharkweek.

Who is Olivia Munn?

thats not a very good picture, just google her

It’s funny that after all this Shark Week talk Olivia Munn is the name that is brought up. I only say that because I work at G4. Unfortunately, I am more on the marketing side rather than production, so I am not fortunate enough to have met her acquaintance (though I have seen her in the elevator on numerous occasions). Many of the people I work with do work with her on a regular basis down in the studio though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom