Help me choose my instructor!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Important Update

Due to the unavailability of the South Austin Jug Band we have arranged for the North Austin Grass Band to perform for the Grand Opening. For those who are concerned about the appearance of a certain riff.diving, he will be unable to perform with the band due to his being occupied elsewhere. :wink:

Hell, I thought havin' Leslie and Jamie running around in matching thongs would be entertainment enough for most of us, but what the heck... :wink:

if i have the guitar on i dont need the thong or the tube sock....the guitar will cover the front.....just have to make sure i dont turn around and blind everyone. been a while since i've been out in the sun...hahaha

mack diver---I checked around. Some had it posted on their website, some have call for more info. I can't find my notes this second, but when I do I will edit this message. Deep blue's phone number is disconnected, so I scratched them off. Toms dive was more. Yours was the same. (your shop is nice, just farther south than I want to drive) Dive world quoted me 165 then came down to 150 when I said I was calling around. One shop named the advanced specialties. I did not even think to ask what Royal Scuba's specialties where. I will have to remember to ask. I have talked at length to both of the instructors and they seem like geniune good guys who want to bring more people into the enjoyment of scuba but with safety in mind. They talk a good game and are very confident in their abilities to properly train. I am still hoping to get some feedback from their former students. I have also heard that Randy Beckmann is one of the best in the Austin area, who used to work at Austin Aqua Sports that shut down, but he is retired now so he might not be a viable alternative either, not really sure yet.

mack diver---I checked around. Some had it posted on their website, some have call for more info. I can't find my notes this second, but when I do I will edit this message. Deep blue's phone number is disconnected, so I scratched them off. Toms dive was more. Yours was the same. (your shop is nice, just farther south than I want to drive) Dive world quoted me 165 then came down to 150 when I said I was calling around. One shop named the advanced specialties. I did not even think to ask what Royal Scuba's specialties where. I will have to remember to ask. I have talked at length to both of the instructors and they seem like geniune good guys who want to bring more people into the enjoyment of scuba but with safety in mind. They talk a good game and are very confident in their abilities to properly train. I am still hoping to get some feedback from their former students. I have also heard that Randy Beckmann is one of the best in the Austin area, who used to work at Austin Aqua Sports that shut down, but he is retired now so he might not be a viable alternative either, not really sure yet.

Randy is retired from the insurance game. He is definitely not retired from Scuba. I can PM you his info if you would like.

Sorry to disappoint you John, but though it might have been entertainment I will not be doing a duet with Leslie

Oh, darn...well, I'll stop by the new shop to check it out today anyway. :rofl3:

Good luck with the training. Its good to see you did your research.

Being south can have its disadvantages. However, there are certain advantages as well. For example, I don't have to worry about seeing Jamie singing a duet with Leslie and there is no fear of being blinded by riff.diving playing guitar in the bare white bottoms band.:D

I've only heard about 90 seconds of riff.diving's guitar so far, it was actually pretty good. However, I've yet to hear vocals, which could be an interesting dynamic when asked to intertwine w/ Leslie's vocals in harmony. . . . so Mack's point definitely has merit. It could be a major disadvantage if Leslie cannot blend and harmonize with the band. In addition, Adam and the Bare Great White's all wear The Sock,:11doh: while Leslie's trademark is the thong, so pitch and harmony may be elusive.:mooner:

UPDATE:
LESLIE'S TUBBING LANDS ROYAL SCUBA A GRANT!​

Yes, after just two late-nite soaks in the Royal Scuba fill tub by Leslie:shakehead:, the Health Dept and the Texas Marine Biologist Research Division have agreed that there are no fewer than 4 undocumented bio-organisms making refuge in our tub! A substansial long-term grant has been awarded for study. (Long-term was stated because nothing seems to be able to neutralize the little boogers!) In addition, the Health Dept admitted a decent level of bewilderment with the finding of just FOUR new micro-species . . . they had predicted a minimum of twelve never-before-studied organisms on the initial glance-by. Quietly, the Health Dept is confident the grant could be a larger cash-cow for Royal Scuba as the number increases with in-depth research. More updates to come.

(Next thing you know Adam and bare Great White bottoms band will gain some traction and start touring. I only hope that :confused:The Sock:confused: will cling to the band members :rofl3: are much as their growing fan base is clinging to the band!)

HAPPY DIVING,
Nicco

Back
Top Bottom