Help me find this documentary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reflibrarian

Reaction score
I'm on a mission for my boyfriend. He caught a documentary a while back and cannot remember the name of it. The details he's given me that he is pretty certain about are: diving obviously, in the South Pacific, the use of helium, and some humor when the scientists would get excited about what they found + the helium giving them silly voices.

He thought it may've been part of the Blue Planet series, but I think he said he perused them and couldn't find this specific documentary.

Does this vague description sound familiar to anyone? Any ideas? Thanks!

it is the 5th DVD of the blue planet box set there is a program where the scientists is diving in the co co island looking at sharks.
Hope that helps
Mark

I believe the documentary you are looking for is called "The Pacific Abyss"

Cool video. Can someone explain to me how these guys are talking to each other if they're not using full face masks? Is it possible to speak into a rebreather loop? Do they have microphones in there or what?

the helium makes them telepaths.

It is "those guys." Rich Pyle and John Earle.

What a hoot. Those guys sound like they know how to mix science with fun. I did notice a bit of difference between the youtube and BBC videos though - perhaps some audio editing???
And really, how cold was it anyways... gonna take some pretty low digits to impress me :D

Back
Top Bottom