Help me pick a regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"you ever get to mermet? quarry?"

I'm assuming you directed this question towards me...yes, I've been to Mermet Springs. It's a fun place to dive and practice your skills. I'm going there Feb. 21st weekend.
Have you been there?

Not yet,,me and a friend that i work with were going,but the weather turned real bad.I have read the web site,looks like a pretty cool place...Feb 21st may work,if I can get someone to work for me.I got another question then..I have a 6mil farmer john and I;m going to Destin florida at the end of march.I plan on getting a 5 mil one piece and 2 mil hooded vest. Would the 7 mil total be enough for mermet in feb? Not dry suite yet

If I remember right, I dove a 5 mil on the USS Oriskany (sp) last year, and I am not sure how deep you are going in Destin, but I was fine on that dive with what was provided to me. Also that was with no hood.

As to the original post....I have used oceanic (it was the alpha....for its price a good reg). Made the upgrade to the vastly superior Apex ATX 50 & octo40....great breather, wonderful reg.:) Now I have Atomic Z2's & love them even more :wink: (still love the Apex though).
As to others I have used some rentals (scubapro & sherwood....keep in mind they were rentals) and they couldn't come close to the others(hard breathers...at times not as responsive).

You make a comment like this that is derogatory and unqualified and then you refuse to give details to the manufacturer's representative because you consider the matter "resolved" is very unfair and unprofessional.
There are a lot of divers who use Scubaboard as a source for reference information and feedback to base their future purchases. You can understand why the manufacturer would want to make sure that negative feedback about their product is addressed and rectified.
Nobody really knows you or your background or agenda. To just state that you don't want to comment on a post that you made which is critical of a product, regardless of manufacturer, and then blow off the manufacturer's representative and everybody whose experience is the complete opposite of yours raises suspicion on the validity of your post.
Not trying to flame you or anything. Just asking that you consider the repercussions of your postings and make an effort to insure that in fairness to any manufacturer that you do your part to promote good communication between everybody on this site. After all that is why we all come here, to share information and experiences and to learn and to educate ourselves and others.

Larry
I say yes it would have been good to have taken this up with Atomic directly. However, 1) he probably felt he had spent as much time and trouble already. If so, I can't fault him for that. And for now 2) this was probably a while ago and may not have much detail remaining to offer.

Very nice to see Atomic is reading, catching the complaint and requesting 'help us understand what happened'. Unlike another company I have dealt with that had absolutely no interest in responding to consumer dissatisfaction.

I too am an Atomic B2 lover BTW. And Captain Larry, I would say choosing Atomic for your rental fleet says a great deal for your rental quality standards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom