Help me plan my vacation in SE Asia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My suggestion, fly to Bali from Ozy, spend a week there, then continue to Manado/Bunaken and Lembeh (can be very addicted) for 10 days, and from there go to singapore for your 2 days.
Or you can spend all your 3 weeks in bali, split between the main island and nusa penida/lembongan. Put nusa penida/lembongan at the end as your will have more experience.
Many people will say Lembongan may not suitable for beginer - actualy plenty sites are manageable on the right time, just explain your guide what you want.

Thanks everyone for the advice. In the end I ended up doing the following.

Aus - 1 night 2 day live aboard with Divers Den out of Cairns for 7 dives. The outfit was great and professional, only complaint is that all the dives where unguided and if you wanted to go with a guide it was extra.

Then I went up to Phuket and did a day trip with South Siam Divers which was really good, some really nice diving. - Headed towards Phi Phi and dived 3 sites, King Cruiser wreck, Shark Point and Koh Dok Mai. Nice friendly staff and all pretty good. They seem to be quite popular, so slightly bigger crowds than they other one I dived with.

From there I went down to Koh Lanta and dived with Antigravity Divers based at Adamantra Restort. Again a day trip heading towards Phi Phi and dived 3 sites. Koh Bita Nok, Koh Bita Nai and Hin Bida. Nice very friendly company, for 2 of the dives it was another diver, the guide and myself and the last it was just the guide and me. Only complaint with them is they are a little pricey, but still pretty cheap.

Sadly I didn't get time for more diving, but I really enjoyed the diving in Thailand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom