Help me with my new DIN tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrConclusion

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got my hands on three HP steel 100's. They're in good visual shape, and holding about 200 psi "storage" pressure. They just went "out of hydro" a couple of months ago, so I immediately had them sent out.

The great thing is that I got them for twenty bucks each! :thumb:

Here's my issue, and it should be an easy answer for someone with DIN experience. The tank valves are all Sherwood 5-thread/232 BAR, but the converter that's available for my regulator (Scubapro MK-25) is a 7-thread/300-BAR.

I know that the 232/300 system is specifically designed to prevent hooking a 232-BAR regulator to a 300-BAR tank... but can a 300-BAR regulator screw into a 232-BAR tank - In other words, will the scubapro DIN converter work for these tanks?

Or, will I need to replace the tank valves with a newer DIN or DIN/K design?

Thanks for your consideration!

MrConclusion:
I just got my hands on three HP steel 100's. They're in good visual shape, and holding about 200 psi "storage" pressure. They just went "out of hydro" a couple of months ago, so I immediately had them sent out.

The great thing is that I got them for twenty bucks each! :thumb:

Here's my issue, and it should be an easy answer for someone with DIN experience. The tank valves are all Sherwood 5-thread/232 BAR, but the converter that's available for my regulator (Scubapro MK-25) is a 7-thread/300-BAR.

I know that the 232/300 system is specifically designed to prevent hooking a 232-BAR regulator to a 300-BAR tank... but can a 300-BAR regulator screw into a 232-BAR tank - In other words, will the scubapro DIN converter work for these tanks?

Or, will I need to replace the tank valves with a newer DIN or DIN/K design?

Thanks for your consideration!
It'll work fine.
Rick

They will not work, you are out of luck...

Luckily though, I have the required connectors and will take those tanks off your hands for what you have in them :wink:

Gator,

Well, that's bad news. If you hurry you might catch the truck that's taking them out for hydro testing. Tell them I've given up and you're relieving me of a burden.

No worries, I'll catch them when they get back since they needed hydro-ed anyway

I could use some help too. For $40 I picked up a set of Sherwood Genesis Steel 80's at a garage sale. They have DIN valves that look to be original. One tank was made in 88 and the other says 92. The valves have 8 threads and are marked 5091. They went through hydro fine. What if any inserts are available for them to use with a yoke. I have 2 PST 100's with 200 bar valves so those inserts won't work.

eandiver:
I could use some help too. For $40 I picked up a set of Sherwood Genesis Steel 80's at a garage sale. They have DIN valves that look to be original. One tank was made in 88 and the other says 92. The valves have 8 threads and are marked 5091. They went through hydro fine. What if any inserts are available for them to use with a yoke. I have 2 PST 100's with 200 bar valves so those inserts won't work.
I doubt your yoke will fit over the valve in the first place.
Have you checked?
e

Think I left something out. My bad. I use a DIN 1st stage on my setup. That fits both my 100's and the SG 80's. My friend only has a yoke valve. I have the inserts for my 100's to convert them to yoke but not for the SG 80's. I'm greedy. He can't have 100 cf of my nitrox but it's ok to let him have the air in the 80's but since he only has a yoke 1st, I need to find 2 inserts that will fit the 80's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom