Help! Need quick advice for wet wife in new 30/30!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Burhan,

Nice to hear from you! Hope things are going well.

In the DUI product line it would be the StretchLiner. That is the lightest weight option we have.

If you are looking for something outside the DUI product line I would pick something from the athletic department that wicks away moisture. As mentioned above stay away from cotton (I think you already know this but good to mention).

Also it's good to keep in mind that diving dry - and with the 30/30 - one has limitless options. What I mean by that is if this is the 4th dive of the day and it's a night dive ... well you might want to put a little more insulation on. A light, fleece vest might be a perfect choice. Put a few options in your travel bag if you have the space. Think about the dive and the dive plan. Shooting macro photography? You might want more insulation than someone wanting to cover some serious distance.

Hope that helps.

And keep having FUN!

Kathy

We will definately be in the market for some appropriate light undergarments. Jan gets cold by before the end of her third dive of the day even in a 5 mm in 81-82 F water. Once we get on the Damaii for our Banda Sea portion of the trip she will be able to get ready and in the water quicker so she won't get so overheated before she hits the water. I think the DUI undergarments we have with us will be fine then. We'll come back with an update later in our trip or after we get back. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Jim

Hi Jimthediver,

Just a quick note. If they have showers on the boat your wife can get dressed, zip up her drysuit and hit the shower briefly. This has worked great for me in the past to keep cool while I finish getting ready and into the water. If she is wearing a hood, get the hood wet before putting on. Again just trying to keep cool before the dive.

Have a simply MAREVLOUS time!

Kathy

Hi Allison,
Mike was on our last Damai 1 trip but unfortunately, he won't be on this trip. We did have a chance to visit w/him last evening, when he stopped here at Maluku Divers in Ambon though. And yes, we are ready to be pampered again. We love the Damai :-D

---------- Post Merged at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Hi Kathy,
Good suggestion. Thank you. We'll have to see if the Damai has any cold showers on its dive deck, as we only seem to remember warm showers.

Jim

HI Jim! Glad you to hear your wife is getting the 3030 dialed in. I remember you folks from Gilboa.

As for the insulation question, I use the DUI Eco Divewear in 80+ temperatures. It wicks very well and is super comfortable. I would try that for the warmer temps. It is also a great layer to wear with other insulation for cooler waters. Have a great trip and please send pictures when you get back.
Faith
Hi Allison,
Mike was on our last Damai 1 trip but unfortunately, he won't be on this trip. We did have a chance to visit w/him last evening, when he stopped here at Maluku Divers in Ambon though. And yes, we are ready to be pampered again. We love the Damai :-D

---------- Post Merged at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Hi Kathy,
Good suggestion. Thank you. We'll have to see if the Damai has any cold showers on its dive deck, as we only seem to remember warm showers.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom