Help Needed - Cuda Trigger Sticking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

betti154

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. The trigger on my new Cuda 400 is sticking in the on position and I need to dive it tomorrow morning.

I've determined that I need to pull it apart and clean the shaft and grit (presumably) out of the sleeve. My issue is I can't figure out how to get the roll pin out that keeps the spring under tension. Part number 1 on http://www.dive-xtras.com/pages/support/diagrams/linedrawings/cudatail.pdf

I've tried to tap it out but didn't have much luck. I'm particularly concerned about damaging the pin as I don't have a spare and need to dive the scooter tomorrow.

Any tips people can provide?

thanks, damien
Damien Siviero Photography

Just tap it out with a 1/8" pin punch. Be careful when you remount the spring, the end with the deformations goes *away* from the roll pin.

Tobin

Thanks Tobin.

I didn't have a punch, and tapping it out with a small allen key just scared me so I gave up. I did manage to stop it sticking my repeatedly moving the trigger back and forth. I flushed it with a bit of biox and soapy water, and after a while it started moving well enough to dive. Got me in the water anyway,

regards, damien

Hi Ben,

The triggers working fine now, though I wasn't able to get the ping out and take it apart. I must have cleared the gunk out with soapy water an simply pulling/pushing the trigger enough times.

I'll get myself a punch for future just in case.

Thanks, ds

Great news, happy diving

Back
Top Bottom