Help Needed - DUI ZipSeal or SI-5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Argos:
We also got a lot of the Coast Guard in the shop asking for the Viking Bayonet System to be put on their DUI's........... works well!! Its a lot less cheaper.........

It's alot less cheaper?????? You should have been in politic's.

I have had enough situations where I am suited and geared up, and suddenly need the use of my hands, to favor a glove system that allow removing the glove without removing the suit.
Also (for very cold water use especially) the ability to use both gloves and wristseals is very desirable. Neither of the DUI systems mentioned allows either.

Considering that the DUI stuff is not cheap, it will probably be no more expensive to have another system installed after you have bought the suit, so you don't have feel tied to the DUI products.

BTW several of the more interesting systems (Viking bayonet, DC and to a degree SiTech) can be both installed temporarily over standard wrist seals or permanently glued on the suit, allowing trying them out for a while before committing yourself to them, not a bad idea.

I have Zip seals with DC rings. Best of both worlds.

Hmm...

The zip seals with the DC rings might be a good choice. I will check that out.

Well... I figured out how to don using dry gloves... talk about the straight jacket approach!? You need to install the neck seal first and get that squared away, then move on to putting your arms into the suit. With the SI-5 system it sure seems like a major bit of work, only to be stuck with a pretty serious failure point.

Thanks for the thread guys. Helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom