Help needed with Nikonos Close Up Kit lens settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phenol

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As much as I like my Nikonos close-up kit, I haven't used it in a while; and now that I am in Yap without the instructions, I can't remember the proper lens setting :confused:
I also have the extension tubes set, fortunately with the instructions leaflet: the lens has to be set to f22 and minimum focal distance (2.75'). I vaguely remember something to the effect that the close-up kit settings are the exact opposite (max aperture, and infinite distance). Can someone confirm this, or provide further details? A quick online search left me more confused than anything, and I really don't want to mess up my upcoming Mandarin fish dive shots...
Thanks!

Aperture is whatever exposes the film right. f/2.5 is WAAY too open for that distance.

And which lens is on the camera? That will determine the subject distance, which influences the aperture.

And what strobes? That will also influence the aperature.

Nik V? Use TTL.

With fujichrome velvia 100 asa film and an ikelite substrobe 50 I use F16 and bracket each side f22 and f11. This will guarantee your mandarin pic with the close up lens kit. Hope this helps Keith

Back
Top Bottom