Help Needed with UWATEC Bottom Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Sorry, but a dumb question...

How the HECK do you get the UWATEC bottom timer out of the wrist strap mount it comes in to transfer it to the DSS bungie mount holder?

I'd try doing what I think might work, but let's just say I sometimes make BAD decisions... :D

Advice appreciated....

THANKS!

If its like a normal strap (not sure it is) it quite possibly has springed metal pegs to hold in in, often then can be compressed with a thin flathead screwdriver.

I just pushed mine out from the bottom ... it was surprisingly easy.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Drewski:
Sorry, but a dumb question...

How the HECK do you get the UWATEC bottom timer out of the wrist strap mount it comes in to transfer it to the DSS bungie mount holder?

I'd try doing what I think might work, but let's just say I sometimes make BAD decisions... :D

Advice appreciated....

THANKS!

Hot Tap water helps. This is a universal aide to removing any rubber boots, SPG, hose protectors etc.

Tobin

THANKS guys...

I tried the screwdriver on the pins already, didn't move. Pushed like hell from the bottom, didn't move (tighter than a constipated tick's a$s in January), DIDN'T try the hot water without asking.

With my luck, I would have tried the hot water without asking and an error message would have popped up. Already had an error message on my brand new DiveRite NiTek Duo that's now back at the factory. GRRRRRRR...

Thanks again!

Those new mounts they come in now are a bit tougher than the older types. My buddy had to cut his out.

If you can't get it out of the boot, I volunteer to take it off your hands. :D

SpaticleBrane:
If you can't get it out of the boot, I volunteer to take it off your hands

:rofl3: No doubt.
I have a UWATEC BT and just use the wrist strap. Works well for me...

I had one of the new mounts- I found that I had to pull at one side to "break" the lip. Then I could "fold" the mount away from the computer, then push it out.

Hot water helps, although I just pulled mine out- temp is 42f in the garage.

Jason B:
Those new mounts they come in now are a bit tougher than the older types. My buddy had to cut his out.

Yes we did....:14: We cut mine out (that was a pain @$$ too) and put it directly into the bungied holder..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom