Help olympus C4000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you don't mind spending a few more bucks get the Ikelite housing. I bought one recently and I love it! It is much more versitile for mounting lighting systems and is rated to 200 feet. I believe the pt-10 is rated to 100.

The Ikelite housing is definitely larger than the pt10 but worth every penny in my opinion. It is compatible with the Olympus 2040, 3000, 3020, 3030, 3040, 4000 and 4040.

This is my very first UW photo ever. A baby horn shark at La Jolla shores on a night dive. Taken with super macro mode turned on from about 6 inches away. I love the c-4000!

Dive On!

At this point though Scuba C, given my track record, :nervous: I am going as cheap as possible to get a quality camera. Most all of my dives will be above 100' too.

However, I still may end up with the 5050 and pt-15, which was sorta the original plan when I lost the other. I am thinking though, if it's maybe $100 difference, I would stick to original plan, but closer to $200 would do it.

The nice thing is I really can't lose. wink Olympus makes great stuff!!!

Thanks

Ken

I have the C4000Z and am constantly looking on Ebay for the PT-010 housing. I did see one this week. When the bidding is over, it may be a day or so before others are posted, but they are there. I'll be buying mine in January.

Andrea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom