Question Help please: need advice navigating LAX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brownie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm travelling next week, arriving LAX, Terminal 6, but I need to get to Terminal B for a connecting flight. I've looked on-line at maps of LAX airport, and I find it very confusing. What is the least circuitous route for a (tired) senior :oops:to get from Terminal 6 Arrivals, to Terminal B (Tom Bradley International Terminal). Do I take the tunnel? The shuttle?

Forgot to mention: I will have pre-cleared U.S. Customs and Immigration in Toronto, prior to arriving at LAX.

Hi Elaine. It's walking distance away. Is your connecting flight with the same airline? If so, your bags will be transferred to your next flight. It should be easy enough to walk with just your check in.

Terminal "B" is in between Terminal 3 and 4.

Assuming your bags get checked through, just start walking towards Terminal 5, then Terminal 4 and then you should see signs for the "International" or "Tom Bradley International" terminal.

The terminals at LAX are basically in a "U" shape with Terminal 6 about halfway up one side of the "U" and Terminal "B" at the bottom.

I know you said the maps are confusing, but I've drawn a red path of where you should go (assuming you don't need to collect and re-check your bags).

- brett

Attachments

• LAX Airline Location Map.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
I also believe that 4, 5, and 6 are connected airside to terminal B, so unless you need to check bags again there should be no need to go through security again.

Hi Elaine. It's walking distance away. Is your connecting flight with the same airline? If so, your bags will be transferred to your next flight. It should be easy enough to walk with just your check in.
Hi Phil, looking forward to diving in Fiji--so glad you and Merry are on the trip!

I'm apprehensive about the flying into LAX and figuring out what to do. I fly Air Canada into LAX, then fly Fiji Airways into Nadi. These 2 flights are on one ticket. I don't know if that means I have to pick up luggage in LAX. Two different airlines--but it's all booked on one ticket. I called Fiji Airways several times for clarification but received contradictory answers. I have visions of being lost at LAX--maybe I'll end up in the Lost and Found Department!:oops:

Terminal "B" is in between Terminal 3 and 4.

Assuming your bags get checked through, just start walking towards Terminal 5, then Terminal 4 and then you should see signs for the "International" or "Tom Bradley International" terminal.

The terminals at LAX are basically in a "U" shape with Terminal 6 about halfway up one side of the "U" and Terminal "B" at the bottom.

I know you said the maps are confusing, but I've drawn a red path of where you should go (assuming you don't need to collect and re-check your bags).

- brett
Thank you @beldridg for the helpful map. I have a mental picture of what path to follow, I get confused in reading about various security checkpoints along the way that will shrink my connection time. I'll do my best to follow signs and ask for guidance.

I also believe that 4, 5, and 6 are connected airside to terminal B, so unless you need to check bags again there should be no need to go through security again.
Well, @kinoons you raise a good point. If I don't need to pick up and re-check bags, then can I stay "airside" and avoid the hassle of more security checks enroute to Terminal B?

Well, @kinoons you raise a good point. If I don't need to pick up and re-check bags, then can I stay "airside" and avoid the hassle of more security checks enroute to Terminal B?

Yes. The map I sent shows an airside connection between the terminals. That is where the red lines are that I added.

- brett

Yes. The map I sent shows an airside connection between the terminals. That is where the red lines are that I added.

- brett
I don't think I will have a boarding pass for the LAX-NAN leg in my possession. I believe I have to pick that up at the Fiji Air counter in Terminal B. I'm wondering if I will be able to walk airside from T6 to TB without a boarding pass? Or would there be checkpoints along the way requesting to see a boarding pass? I think Fiji Air is requiring people to check in at their counter for presentation of documents.

Back
Top Bottom