HELP!!! Sea of Cortez conditions now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rypark1999:
Are the dive conditions (ie: visibility, chance of seeing pelagics) in the Sea of Cortez still good for this time of year?
We were just in La Paz last week on the Nautilus Explorer liveaboard. We really enjoyed the diving there. Water temps were 81-82F, the weather was sunny in the 80-90 range, vis was about 40-70 ft. I wore a 3mm fullsuit with a tropical beanie. You'll want at least a full skin because there's usually a few jellies near the surface. As far as pelagics, there were a few. We saw a hammerhead shark (we were at 110 feet and it was about 20-30 feet deeper) and snorkeled with a whale shark. Go to Las Animas to see sea lions and a big ball of scadfish. At El Bajo there's a cave where sea lion pups like to stay. The Salvatierra wreck was nice too, there was one little yellow seahorse living there. You'll have fun! Make sure you eat at the Rancho Viejo taco shop close to the marina. They have cheap but amazingly delicious soft tacos!

lapaz.jpg

whaleshark.jpg

I just got back from Cabo Sat.and had a great time. I went with Underwater diversions for five days the water was not as clear as it was last year.Bottom time is bottom time. I'll write up a report soon.
Rod

purgos:
I just got back from Cabo Sat.and had a great time. I went with Underwater diversions for five days the water was not as clear as it was last year.Bottom time is bottom time. I'll write up a report soon.
Rod

please do that Rod if you get a chance. I just received an email from UD and they said they are NOT doing Gordo Banks in early DEC. when I will be there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom